• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Advice

JohnCHarris

Hello I am new to the community, my name is john and I'm out here in New Mexico still new too the rc world. I own the dunerunner as well as the mt v3. Just wondering about a few upgrades like where to find online; drill starter, better servos for throttle and brakes, tuned pipe. I also heard about a super charger for the 30cc motor anyone know where to find one and is it worth the money. Thanks for all help!!

CFDchimera

I'm personally not a fan of the drill starter. The idea was nice but once I had it installed I hated having to lug around a drill. IMO

claude bigelow

Daves Discount Motor has everything.

JohnCHarris

What would you suggest if not a drill. I had my dunerunner one month and muti problems with the pull starter.

G

Forget the supercharger. Your better off with a good tuned pipe for a 2 stroke.

G

JohnCHarris said:
Rcdad got any suggestions on a pipe?
Jetpro makes a nice pipe for the Dune Runner.

The DDM Dominator for the 5b will fit with a bit of modding.

laxbro19

For a pull start the Turtle Racing V2 pull start IMO is the best. Yeah you pay some money up front for it but after going through 2 stock pull starts I upgraded to this and haven't had any issues whatsoever. Just make sure to keep it lubricated and cleaned

jonathan13

I upgraded to the power starter that uses a drill and I love it. Much less labor to get her started and I use the drill bag as an "RC bag" to carry all of my RC stuff as well as the drill when I go somewhere to run.

CFDchimera

I used the drill but got frustrated when the car would die and your drill was away from you. Purchased an electric starter like the new Losi's have. Should be here next week. Can't wait to install that.

JohnCHarris

Sounds good, I just got a MT V3 and took it out today to start the break in I drove for 30 mins then handed it to my wife to keep running while working on our track. The truck flipped over and broke the air filter, not a big deal I have a few replacements. What is a problem is the throttle is going nuts. I start it up and it try's to haul ass without me doing anything and got that thrimmed out and now I drive it a few feet and it stops responding to anything. Walk closer to it and picks back up, I had brand new batteries in both. Any ideas? Maybe just bad batts or what?

G

Check to see that the antenna wire has not detached from the receiver. I've see it happen before.

JohnCHarris

Yeah it is a 1500rpm drill, the chuck was stopped up so I need to get a new one.

Another question!! Does anyone know how to return the tuning to factory settings?

G

Turn the needle screws in just till they bottom out. Do not tighten or you will damage the needles. Back them out the following turns.

1 1/4 turns out low needle.

1 1/2 turns out on the high needle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts