• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

adjusting drive gears

redthomas

So I was unhappy with the clunky sound of my my while rolling it when it was off..so I pulled the cover and it was full of grime. Cleaned that and inspected the gears. All of them look perfect, so I pulled them to make sure all the shafts were tight, all perfect..so I put everything back. Tightened the nuts on the gears and then the truck wouldn't roll. So I spent a few minutes loosening and tightening the nuts a hair at a time. The top and middle required some adjusting while the bottom gear stays tight..now it rolls with out all the clunking,, but I'd like to know how your supposed to adjust. And if it should roll smooth, or roll at all.any direction would be appreciated.

rcgasser

Yes it should rool freely you can not just tighten all the nuts all the way down or yes you will run into that problem. I just keep rolling mine loose a lil at a time until it rolls freely.

G

Then your good with rcgasser's tip. The nuts should be just tightened up two the gears so they are snug.

G

redthomas said:
The bottom gear appears to work fine tightened down. Are these clutches of some sort
They are just to transfer rotation. The clutch is behind the gear plate between the engine and the first (upper) gear.

rcgasser

Also make sure you locktite the nuts and let it sit overnight with the cover off if you run with a cover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts