• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Aaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

alfred e numan

Red Race Ignition

Found the photo. The folks @ OBR no doubt have seen or tried this system out. Anytime this big of a change is made, the spark timing is gonna have to be set. The questionable area on the photo is the oval holes on the coil. This could be a pain to set- and keep set correctly.

alfred e numan

I found another 5th scale site thad had a link to DDM. Uncertan if it will pull up on Daves site. DDM part # ee425. TPS RedRace 2011 Ignition System.

G

The questionable area on the photo is the oval holes on the coil. This could be a pain to set- and keep set correctly.
I believe that coil is mounted externally. You can see here, the pickup gets mounted behind the flywheel.

alfred e numan

Yes, a good photo is worth a thousand words! I see what you are saying. The magnets and there weight are much closer to the cranks center. This should make the engine rev -spool up faster. Question- The magnets would revolve about 1/2 the speed as opposed to the stock setup.- You think thats why there are 2 pick up coils? Man, this ignition is spendy-- just saying--.

G

Yeah, I've always wanted to try one, but I don't think I would be able to notice any gain. They are cool though....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts