• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

990 kicking my butt

Guantanamo Joe

Ok, so last week I got my ported head on my engine, also installed a 990 to an aluminum intake with a new filter and velocity stack.

The engine starts. It idles a little rough. It drives away if you baby the hell out of the throttle. It usually dies at the other end of the street because I let off the gas to turn around.

I have tried my tuning tricks and it is not working. I did look into the carb installation bolts being too long, but this is not the case at all.

Any suggestions?

G

Where is your idle? Sounds like the L needle needs some adjusting.

G

Try turning it in a tad. That will raise the idle, then richen up the L needle and that will lower the idle back down.

Guantanamo Joe

I must have found a sweet spot... with the help of a guy who owns a Baja and MCD, we got her running hard... she still needs some fine tuning, but apparently I need to replace tonight's broken A frame before that can happen... ha ha ha

Before tonight, it wouldnt even run fast enough to break an A frame... ha ha ha

Guantanamo Joe

I saw a video on checking my "squish"... I don't have the materials to do that right now, so I hope the DDM gasket is the right thickness :D

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
I saw a video on checking my "squish"... I don't have the materials to do that right now, so I hope the DDM gasket is the right thickness :D
The DDM gaskets are .020", which is the stock thickness. You'll be fine.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
I must have found a sweet spot... with the help of a guy who owns a Baja and MCD, we got her running hard... she still needs some fine tuning, but apparently I need to replace tonight's broken A frame before that can happen... ha ha haBefore tonight, it wouldnt even run fast enough to break an A frame... ha ha ha
Bummer about the damage! Glad you got the carb running right, though.

G

I speak from experience. desismileys_0859.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.