• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

8E Builds + Review

hamster huey

I am at a point where I need $$, Im mad there is not a fix yet for the melting fluid diff on the Slash 4x4, and I am sick of the local Rc scene so I am replacing my 750ho Emaxx, RC8Be, RC8Te, and 2 Slash Platinums with Aftershock, Backdraft, and Earthquake. The old ones are fully built so when I sell them they will pay for the 8Es, I will have $$ left over to pay my bills, I can race the 8Es here and there if I feel like it again, and they are going to be waterproof so I can do my own thing all year. Win Win.

The stock 8Es are way overpowered IMO so I rolled over my 5000mah 25c 2s, 3201kv 540L, 2075 servo, and vxl3s ESC from the Slash Plat., put on a 13t pinion, and changed the chassis layout. Only needing one battery and lower weight electronics makes the running weight lighter so it still performs very well. It weighs 1oz heavier than the built up Plat but its faster, runs longer (over 20 min), and runs cooler. The Aftershock SC with slash electronics may weigh less than the Slash Plat. but I havent built it yet to find out.

My Backdraft weighs about a 2.5lbs lighter than the RC8Be its replacing, its cheaper, and it performs just as well IMO with waterproofing to boot! Another option would be to run a slighlty lower kv in an L or XL can with 3s for even more power and runtime. As soon as it quits raining Ill GPS it and get video.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

I got unimagineable deals on the the 8Es (used, used, new). Heres my dream RC lineup Aftershock, Earthquake, Backdraft, 1/5 brushless. All waterproof? ALL REDCAT! It may just become reality!

krashkrieg

Contributor
Hope you sell it all....

PS Hit enter every once in a while, makes it so much easier to read... :)

hamster huey

This is coming along nicely. I got 2 11.1 5000mah 30c batts for $50 shipped each (used but only 4 times). Now my first build is in its final stages. I have the power figured out, chassis built, and now Im modding the nuts and bolts that get loose.

I didnt have $$ for a lower kv motor so I figured what the heck Ill try the stock 2230XL on 11.1 (24,753 rpm) w/a 15t pinion. It has more Tq and Rpm than the 3201L I had in it at 7.4 (23,684 rpm) which I only ran on a 13t pinion. Runtimes are up and temps are down even more. I like it.

I had a backdraft and earthquake but didnt like some of their features so I combined them with the earthquake I got from Rampagehopups.com and now I have 2 8Es. There have been a few running changes made througout the 8e series Im finding out and the one I got from Rob had all the latest already done.

Got video tonight, have to edit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts