• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

54mm clutch and choices

ika

I already polished like a mirror with 2000 grit.

It will eat shoes less, but if it provide enough traction.. Lets see on weekend.. :)

ika

RampageHopUps said:
Alright. Let us know. In not sure how a friction clutch will work on a frictionless surface.
I hope, like a brake pads in car.

BertR

I would rather grab hold of a pig covered in mud VS covered in butter.... When your clutch and bell start rolling smoke from over heating ...remember No grip No go.

phreerider

the shoes will fix surface in a matter of seconds....as long as the shoe surface is not glazed. texture is an element, but pressure is king.

ika

One more stock clutch is died.

clutches last only 2 tanks for my MT.

Going to order zenoah clutch from DDM.

Have you tested zenoah vs CY clutch?

BertR

Why not get a new bell if you are having all this trouble with clutches!! After all you did post that you polished the inside or the bell to mirror finish.. now possible insult to injury.

phreerider

ika said:
One more stock clutch is died.clutches last only 2 tanks for my MT.

Going to order zenoah clutch from DDM.

Have you tested zenoah vs CY clutch?
they both are fine, i prefer Zen , the carrier is a fraction more alloy and can tolerate more heat, shoes all same, DDM springs are better i have run both 7500/9500 without fracture for 100's of hours. DO NOT MIX HARDWARE

to get better help a pic of "dead clutch" will help. broken spring is obvious , worn shoes down to metal (or almost). bent carrier or stripped carrier threads

is all square on the housing? clutch case mounted to gear plate or mount to case?

clutch carrier on crankshaft maybe loss/slipping?(definitely check and torque)

the bell may be out of round/bent ---->GET A NEW ONE like bertr advised

if unit is still stock i would stick with CY til all sorted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts