• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

4 wheel steering

AlphaDog777

I have already comited to this.. When the rest of the parts get here I'll throw it together with just "adjustable rear toe" the servo will have to wait...

Bringing me to another question.. Are there 1/4 scale servo savers?

Also has anyone tried this by chance?

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaDog777

no one comments my posts!

....so i have come to the conclusion that... either...

1)no one cares

2)you all think im dumb

3)everyone hates me

lmao! either way, this is what ive done so far....

put the front a-arms, upper arms, hub carrier, hub, & steering links... (in the back)also needed lower arm pins and some hardware... I ended up reversing the a-arms in order to get the steering links in the back were i can mount a servo....

gained quite a bit of ground cleareance...if someone would measure their stock ride hight that would be spiffy!... mine sites @ about 4 1/2'' from the bottom of the chasis

only thing i noticed is that since my steering rods are not straight, the toe changes upon suspension compression. (no biggie its just temp. until i install the servo which could be another week or so)

what are your guys thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Piranha2

Contributor
My ground clearance is 2 7/8" to the bottom of the chassis plate. I set my droop up that way so that my dogbones are almost level. With that much clearance, you must be tweaking your bones?

Clubin

Banned
I have a hard enough time driving mine with only throttle and steering, with the rear steer I'd be in real trouble. I hit stuff. I admit it.

I'd be curious to see what your thoughts are.

AlphaDog777

just moved the photos to the pic section... link ---> http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?p=13004#post13004

as far as the dogbones go... as far as i know there not binding up... i centered them pretty well.... i don't see and or hear anything... only time will tell...

and as far as it flipping over... i don't see the ramp flipping over persay, but i do see it being VERY squirley.... Once again time will tell... so my idea was to basically make the rear steering extremely minimul.. just a few degrees, and set my expos for my steering...

i did also notice something that might actually help with handling that is NOT 4ws... with my fixed toe in the back the way it is right now, when the trock "rolls" right the right tire toes out and the left tire toes in.... thats kindof like a rear steer in itself... The position of the links is at an angle causing this affect.. to tell you the truth if it works like i think it will ill probably just leave it this way...

ill be driving it this weekend so we will see

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts