• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

3s or 6s batt xbe

jathomas3

RCDAD said:
Are the BECs programmable or come in different configurations? I would like to run 7.4 volts to the steering servo.
The Castle BECs are programmable through Castle Link. The smaller 10amp version is good for up to 6s and the Pro version is good for up to 8s in ground based vehicles.

DUFFY

Might be nice. Higher voltage output than I have seen before.

jathomas3

I want to make a correction to an earlier post of mine. I stated that the Castle Pro BEC is 8s capable in ground based vehicles, that is not correct. It is only rated for up to 6s in ground based vehicles. I have two of these BECs and one says 8s max while the other says 6s max. Apparently the older versions were labeled as being 8s capable but the newer versions have corrected labels that say 6s max. I called Castle and they said the 6s limit is correct. You can still run the BEC in an 8s application but you have to wire it to run on one of the packs, not both. Here is a link to the proper wiring diagram:

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts