• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

32cc won't start

scooby61

First let me say I've had plenty of gas engine experience but I just picked up my new mt5 today and can't get this thing started. I've got good spark and fuel. It fired on the third pull on choke and hasn't since. Seems to be flooding. I set the carb to 1 1/4 low and 1 1/2 high. Any suggestions? I've only messed with zenoah and or modified motors before never had this issue.

scooby61

Thanks it's fresh out of the box And I just expected it to start easy like my other motors.

Ice_2k

32cc won't start

I have the 32cc and it was running perfect with the lsn at 1 1/4 and hsn at 1 1/2. However, the thing you're describing (popping with the choke on once and then never again) happened to me also after replacing the carb. The problem was a dud carb, I swapped back the stock one and all was well.

scooby61

OK so here's my two day ordeal in a nutshell my arm is done from cranking this thing and I'm getting pissed. This motor has not even fired but once on its third pull ever. I have swapped the carb for a known good 668, cleared the cylinder, put in the 3rd new plug since it came out of the box, dried some of the filter oil out of the filter, it's getting fuel and a nice blue spark. Still won't fire at all

Any help?? Carb is around 1& 1/8 low and 1&1/2 high. Haven't installed kill switch yet. Everything bone stock ecept the carb that kept flooding the motor.

Silent_chaos

scooby61 said:
OK so here's my two day ordeal in a nutshell my arm is done from cranking this thing and I'm getting pissed. This motor has not even fired but once on its third pull ever. I have swapped the carb for a known good 668, cleared the cylinder, put in the 3rd new plug since it came out of the box, dried some of the filter oil out of the filter, it's getting fuel and a nice blue spark. Still won't fire at all Any help?? Carb is around 1& 1/8 low and 1&1/2 high. Haven't installed kill switch yet. Everything bone stock ecept the carb that kept flooding the motor.
Open your low needle to 1.75 turns.

Prime your carb.

Make sure your coil is fit well.

Make sure the coil to flywheel gap is about the thickness of a business card.

Make sure your throttle linkage is set to be on throttle a bit. Either that or slightly press on the throttle of your remote while firing.

Close choke, pull till you hear a fire sound.

Open choke, pull again till it fires.

It Should fire.

Ildy666

Check for air leaks,also check to see if ur head is tight on the cylinder.

scooby61

Just pulled the exhaust can it was full of fuel from the bad carb going to let it dry out for a while and check the coil gap but spark was bright blue should be ok.

Silent_chaos

scooby61 said:
OK pulled the engine checked everything reset the coil gap it was a little off Installed my kill switch lead while I was in there but haven't setup the kill switch yet

Still won't fire giving up for the night.
If you installed the Kill Switch, and if its not set correctly on the receiver, then It will not fire up. At all.

Make sure you set it up correctly and your remote is ON while firing.

Is the idle needle of your engine set correctly? It's hard to judge it but it should be somewhere in the middle.

Ice_2k

Turn the idle screw all the way clockwise and then open it about 1 1/2 turns. This should ensure a higher idle to help you get it started.

As far as the kill switch is concerned, check that you still have spark to ensure you installed it correctly.

scooby61

Still have spark. I only installed the button lead so the kill switch is not yet connected. Just wanted to get it done while the motor was out. I reset the coil gap it was off a little. Reinstalled motor and it still won't fire. Could my coil be too weak? It looks like a pretty bright blue spark but hard to tell if it's strong enough.

Ildy666

If u got good blue spark and fuel it should start.like I said if u have an air leak it won't start or hard as hell to start.also if u got a Known good carb. Maybe swap it out and see what happens...

Ice_2k

He already said he has spark, fuel and also swapped the carb with a known good one.

scooby61

It's a killer bee bee but it's bypassed since it's not plugged into the circuit board I have one on my losi 5ive and if you unplug the lead it bypasses the kills witch as though it's not there. Yes I did check spark it's blue and reasonably bright. I've never had one of these type of motors stump me before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts