• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

30cc upgrades

skijit

I have purchased a dune runner with a 30cc engine and I would like more power. Is there upgrades to the motor I can do or would changing the gear ratio help. It has lots of top end but no bottom end. I've read about changing the clutch engagement to 8000rpm. Would this help

rampagemt

Re: 30cc upgrades

There's a 30.5 esp champion ported head kit for 139 and you don't need the crank. I installed it on my dune runner and its a beast I'm not gonna lie.

Deluge

The ESP 30.5 Champ port is a monster. The 8k clutch would give you more punch off the line.

Ryneito

You can go with a walbro 990 carb to help with low end. The carb with a 8000rpm is a good start.

I also did the ESP 30.5cc championship ported big bore stroker kit and its a beast like stated above. Deff best bang for you buck..

G

Just wondering if you added any of the recommended products. The 8k clutch spring and a good pipe will make the biggest difference in performance gain other than a ported engine. The belt drive will make it a bit snappier, but do the clutch and pipe first.

rcguy5

Dan at OBR said the CPI pipe makes great low end power with a little loss in rpm. With the engine I ordered from them I tried to get the most torque out of the package. The engine is their prostock 30.5 with stuffed crank and 668 carb with a CPI pipe all recomended by them for more torque in an MT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts