• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

30.5 stuffed stroker

kevinmt

hi all, i finally finished mt break in since doing stuffed stroker crank,esp modified championship ported head,990 carb.,8k hpi clutch,ada billet intake,and all i got to say is holy s&%t crazy fast.one small issue is kind of a pain to start(5 to 10 pulls)im assuming cause the 990 carb. has no choke?tank is vented.any one experianced this or have any thoughts to help would be greatly appreciated,thanks

rchobby89

my xsc takes like 5 or 6 ever since I put the 990 on some one told me if it was tuned right it should start in like 2 or 3 but I dnt know how much more perfect I can toon it the plug is a paper brown color

kevinmt

have you seen the choke plate they sell?wondering about thoughts on that

alfred e numan

I have spent quite a bit of time modding 990-813- ect. Whaiti do to these guys is mod the butterfly valve. I have went tru dozens of new butterfly valves, Trial and error. I have hit the sweet spot on the 813. This is one good carb with the accelator pump!! Thing is with the 813, ya just pump the throttle 2-3 times, It lights right up. These larger engines really rip with this carb- off the bottom the modded 813 launches quite a bit harder than the 990 because of the pump and butterfly mod- This is in 80-85 degree weather. When it gets colder I will put a slightly lighter rate pressure spring in. This spring is somewhat like changing the power valve on a Barry Grant, or Holly full scale carb- The timeing of fuel enrichment. Man do i love working on these cars-engines!!!!! Ya know? the way we all bust our butts at work, we deserve to have this hobby, no matter if our work is mental or blue collar- we need quality time. - never say this to the woman, -quality time!!!lol!

GTS 666

I run the 813 on three of mine and just pump the throttle 3-4 times and they start 2nd or 3rd pull usually. Oh don't get the quality time thing started that does stir up shit lol.

kevinmt

lol you arent kidding about quality time.thanks for the info. do you think the 813 is better than the 990? :D

G

kevinmt said:
hi all, i finally finished mt break in since doing stuffed stroker crank,esp modified championship ported head,990 carb.,8k hpi clutch,ada billet intake,and all i got to say is holy s&%t crazy fast.one small issue is kind of a pain to start(5 to 10 pulls)im assuming cause the 990 carb. has no choke?tank is vented.any one experianced this or have any thoughts to help would be greatly appreciated,thanks
Might need to richen up the LSN a bit.

G

rchobby89 said:
my xsc takes like 5 or 6 ever since I put the 990 on some one told me if it was tuned right it should start in like 2 or 3 but I dnt know how much more perfect I can toon it the plug is a paper brown color
Remember your plug color is showing WOT condition, not the idle.

G

kevinmt said:
have you seen the choke plate they sell?wondering about thoughts on that
You should not run those off road. They leak air/dirt through the lever.

rchobby89

ya I prime the crap out of it usally I put my finger over the carb for the first pull then it will start in like 3 pulls its also like 60 dagrees here

G

I bet if you richen it up a bit and increase the idle stop screw also it will start easier.

Deluge

kevinmt said:
Richen the LSN half a turn, then pull until it tries to start. Then lean the LSN half a turn and give it another pull. Should fire right up.

G

It has an opening after the filter where dirty air can enter and get sucked into the engine. The product was not designed for off road RCs. Goped guys use them but strictly on the street.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts