• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

29cc strocke or not???

ribbystorm

i am having a hard time choosing what i want to use in my pro i know i want to go with something other then the stock 30.5 do you guys think for best overall speed and power the zen 28.5 would be the best and if i out a little faster gearing in my pro with the 30.5 cause it has alot of power and not alot of speed will it still burn out i don't want to change gearing and lose all power i have never messaed with gearing but it don't gio that fast thats all i know what do you guys think i really just want to build the ultimate rampage and don't care what it cost we live once spend it while you got it lol

v555

ribbystorm said:
i am having a hard time choosing what i want to use in my pro i know i want to go with something other then the stock 30.5 do you guys think for best overall speed and power the zen 28.5 would be the best and if i out a little faster gearing in my pro with the 30.5 cause it has alot of power and not alot of speed will it still burn out i don't want to change gearing and lose all power i have never messaed with gearing but it don't gio that fast thats all i know what do you guys think i really just want to build the ultimate rampage and don't care what it cost we live once spend it while you got it lol
i guess this is a good choice for ultimate rampage-

http://www.largescalerc.com/trevorsimpson295ccreedcaseraceportedmotorwithclutch.aspx

racetruck

I would go for the zen i have the zen 26cc in my pro boat hydo and it runs real good and fast 50 to 55 about it is a stock motor :D

chevy

go for the bigger displacement!! then you can make up for rpm's with lightened flywheel, new clutch spring or a upgraded clutch , gearing, and exhaust, remember these are rampages their alot heavier then a baja, heavier=more torque needed in a baja you can put a 26cc and have plenty of power and be happy with the performance i've seen videos of baja's front end lifting off the ground with a 26cc but it's diffrent with a rampage! ive never seen a rampage front end lift off the ground with a 26cc i don't think it would with the 35cc motors and id love to see your dyno results i don't have any good dyno results to keep as a reference

racetruck

Well going big is not always worth all it's cracked up to be robn64 has the big bore 28.5 813 carb jetpro pipe i have the stock 23cc with a modified cpi pipe when we drag race we stay dead even for fifty feet till he pulls away from me slowly. on the race track at large scale rc we are pretty even. hopefuly i can get my truck turning sharper so i can make the corners better

Martin

Imho those rampage need the bigger cc engine available (30.5cc) the rampage is heavy, centered engine, and not to forgot that it's 4wd, the engine take a long time to spool the wheel VS a Baja 5b.

With the proper gearing, the top speed will be the same or more with a 30.5cc than a smaller engine wich rev higher, but in any case you will get more faster spool-up from dead stop with a 30,5cc, wich means better all around performance. (faster in any condition)

If you don't want to mess with the gearing, forgot your project, it's like doing things approximately.

ps: this is only my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts