• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

29cc strocke or not???

Ron E

Contributor
Martin said:
For a rampage or a 4wd I will definatly choose a 36mm 28mm stroke, and probably bigger for an all aluminum rock with MT tire, however we are limited to 30.5cc for now.
For a 2wd feather Baja, this is another story since you loose a lot of traction, less moving parts.... etc.. your always in high RPM, where a small engine enjoys working.

It'll be interesting to see the Ron E's (I think) 35cc, I'm curious to know how much RPM that engine can make....
we'll see soon... :D (thanks obeast44 and obr)

diff cups at moo's being modded

steel layshafts ordered - rampagehopups.com

mcd dogbones ordered - largescalerc.com

steel gears here

should make good power and torque... this vehicle is not for racing, it's for shredding around on hills and long smooth jumps and just having fun with a BIG motor. I bet it will pull a car - ;)

rampagecages006.jpg

it's not about needing a big bore kit, it's about a 40lb 4x4 5th scale badass buggy with tons of torque for fun. it's all a matter of opinion and personal taste and running conditions and what YOU want. some may not need the fastest or most peak hp or the most rpm's... a screaming small block or a torque monster big block, it's all good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron E

Contributor
Croozer said:
I have never seen a 30.5 make 6 hp, but I have seen 26's make 6.6 hp and that was a 2 bolt Zen.
so.

you have to consider what kind of running will be done and budget... real world running, not just numbers... we get your point the 26cc is all you need. 23cc or 62cc there's always someone with more hp or even more important... a better driver.

it doesn't matter if I race a 250cc or 450cc bike (I have both). it's about conditions and ability... not hp.

Obeast44

Banned
I get it now. After watching that video and seeing the comments. Youve got a 26cc CC beast, which admittedly puts out more power than a bone stock 36mm big bore kit. No sh!T. That motor also cost more than probably 2 Rampages. It damn well better beat a $75 headkit that can slapped on a 23cc CY. Yes CC , OBR, ESP and all the engine builders can make big power out of 26, a 27.2, a 28.5 a 30.5 and so on. Hell, any engine builder can with enough time and money. My point is simple, the easiest and cheapest way to make more power out of the original thread maker's engine is a 36mm headkit. If you feel the need to come into other threads and comparing a 26cc CC Racing Beast motor to the 36mm jug to help justify YOUR purchase by all means do so.

I will be at LargescaleRcs event in June, and they will have a drag racing event. Id be happy to line my Rampage up next to ya.

Ron E

Contributor
dunerrunnner said:
Hi, I'm about to order a new head kit for my 26cc fuelie dunerunner, but i'm not sure if should get a 36mm head to use with my stock crank, or get a 35mm with 2mm stroke crank.
I want to get torque on take of and high rpm's.

Thanks.
"I want torque on take off and high rpm's"

what advise have you offered other than a 26cc CAN make the most hp with the right builder and budget.

what about take off on a 35-40lb 4x4 rampig.

not wanting a pissing match, but your hung up on peak hp... not a budget friendly decent combo that offers both... damn, your like my dad, it's his way or your an idiot... i'm just sayin there's more to factor in... mellow out.

Obeast44

Banned
Just a friendly drag race man, nothin more nothin less :D

Didnt mean to sound mad....I don't think I sounded angry...Did I? If so I will apologize. I stated my opinion and thoughts, that is all.

Croozer

Ron E said:
not wanting a pissing match, but your hung up on peak hp... not a budget friendly decent combo that offers both... damn, your like my dad, it's his way or your an idiot... i'm just sayin there's more to factor in... mellow out.
1. I never called anyone a idiot.

2. When I use dyno sheets I look at the hp and torque over the entire powerband not just peak numbers.

hamster huey

Ron what kind of pipe will fit that? Is it standard size exhaust port? What gearing/tire combo are you going to use? Whats the weight of the Ramp do you think w/the 35cc installed?

I think my choice for the Ramp (as of 3-25-10) is 27.2 for TT and 28.5 MT both race ported. Thats my final answer (as of 3-25-10)for "what engine should I use?"

Croozer

Ron E said:
why the 29cc ddm motor in your mt?
Check the date.

Obeast44 said:
Just a friendly drag race man, nothin more nothin less :D
I will be at the big bash in Silver Lake, Mi. with paddles on my CCR powered Baja 5T doing some sand blasting but you are welcome to bring your Rampage. (My Rampage has never been started).

Obeast44

Banned
Actually HH I have that 35cc of Ron's, waiting for a chance to meet up at LargescaleRC for a swap :D For gearing we are starting at 31/29 it may go up or down depending on conditions. I will use the pipe he has on his TT and just modifiy the X-port to flow into the standard pipe opening. The weight isnt noticeably more than a standard engine. I would weight it but I don't have any scales :D

Ron E

Contributor
Croozer said:
1. I never called anyone a idiot.
2. When I use dyno sheets I look at the hp and torque over the entire powerband not just peak numbers.
it's all good dude, you just seem to push your opinion rather strongly.

5/13/09... you've since seen the light. haha, lol, jk, smartass, whatever... I don't care who you are, thats funny.

Croozer

Different strokes for different folks but I believe in the dyno as a great engine tuning tool for my full size and RC cars.

I know people tend to think bigger is better but the dyno has proved otherwise in these small 2 cycle engines.

In the end I could care less what someone runs in their ride, you pay your money, you make your choice.

ribbystorm

theres no way in hell the 26 cc is the best engine for speed or power thats a crock of you know what but thats my opinon everyone wants to push opinions on what they prefer i honestly don't care what it is give me a damn a 15 cc if it bats the 30.5 i will pay 1000 dollars for it i don't care

ribbystorm

i want to know what you guys think i want to make the ultimate rampage what would you guys do for the fastest overall engine all together i got the 26 in my one rampage and a stock 30.5 in my rampage pro i want to invest 2000 dollars into the pro on top of what i opayed to get it so it wil be wroth close to 4000 when its done what would you guys do money isnt an option i can get as much as i need and rob im new to this forum i just got into rcs 2 months ago spent 5000 dollars so far and the rampage blows my mind i got the mt v3 and the pro first two i bought then i got the hurricane pro model with the big block and two calderas im hooked and plan in spending about 15,000 all together i want every car and you the man rob what a thing you got going hee never met such awsome poeple in my life every forum i been to pure negativity all through out them every little duscussion place on the net its a bunch of girls arguing might as welll say everyone here is awazing and you seem like a really cool guy rob and i want your opinion on what the best rampage would be i want this thing to beat every other one i don't care if it cost me 10,000 i will spend it so what would you guys do to make it the best and i mean the best not just most power but best over all speed and power i woudl prefer the 30.5 i know quite a bit about engines but not alot about rampage parts for them so let me know guys and you gys all rock thanks

RampageHopUps

Each engine application is different. Some people like the 27.2 for higher RPMs and some people like the 30.5 for torque. There is no best engine, its all about waht you will be using it for.

forist

Contributor
If any one would like to see what different motors do in a 4X4 Rampage, that most of us could afford check out my videos on Utube (Forist72) if you have any questions on what motor or gearing with the motor let me know. Myself I have used a 29cc with and with out 2mm stuffed crank and the OBR 30.5 has way more power high and low. And the new ESP 4 bolt Zen 30.5 I just put in is even better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts