• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

28.5cc head kit

Piranha2

Contributor
Have my order in......I'm waiting.....still waiting....tap tap tap.....ugh.....

Piranha2

Contributor
Well I ran the 28.5cc MT today.......broke her in for a half a tank and then started going a little harder with her......then at about 1/4 throttle I blipped her once and she roasted all four tires (on asphalt) and just was a totally different truck.....no bog, lots of torque.......almost uncontrollable.....just sick.....then.....3 wheel drive truck.....lost a pin out of one of the rear dog bones.....yeah, I read your posts!...didn't stop me from being stupid...soooo, what can I use as a pin for now and do I go $45 for a pair of MCD's or get the CVD's for $50????

kryptonite

oh man!! im ichin for a new mill! i would take the shaft to home depot and see if you could fit a pressure pin in it. it wont last long, but it will get you by. and i have my eyes on the cvd's. havent heard anything bad, and cvd's are alot smoother

Clubin

Banned
Piranha2 said:
Well I ran the 28.5cc MT today.......broke her in for a half a tank and then started going a little harder with her......then at about 1/4 throttle I blipped her once and she roasted all four tires (on asphalt) and just was a totally different truck.....no bog, lots of torque.......almost uncontrollable.....just sick.....then.....3 wheel drive truck.....lost a pin out of one of the rear dog bones.....yeah, I read your posts!...didn't stop me from being stupid...soooo, what can I use as a pin for now and do I go $45 for a pair of MCD's or get the CVD's for $50????
Rob at Rampage hoppups has the pins, but I would suggest some MCD drive axles, wait till March they have changed them again, now the MCD axles are supposed to be indestructible.

I know what you are takling about, I did not run mine with the stock cylinder on it but I know the 28.5's are awsome.

Heatshrink those drive cups, that'll save you from loosing anymore pins. If I lost one what I would do is find a drill bit cut off the round side (with a dremel cut off wheel) opposite the cutting side and hammer that in there, that should do just fine.

Piranha2

Contributor
I have some of the pins from the upgrade kit......maybe I'll check them out too....thanks for the tips.....this 28.5cc and my 77DOM (coming soon) are gonna eat my little truck alive!!!!!

Piranha2

Contributor
I found a pin that holds our pitchback net to the ground....perfect size...cut it with my Dremel and drove it in with a hammer, then green Loc-Tited the rest of the pins...THANKS for the help guys!!!

Piranha2

Contributor
Well, the mods continue...........I soldered in the Pico killswitch, installed the HPI air filter w/ outerwears (switched the th/br around), outerwears pullstart cover and switched my A, B gears (now 35,25,25,25).....going for a speed run tomorrow w/ my GPS.......trying for 45-50mph :D Still waiting on my Sprint DOM, my Asgard body and my HS-645.......have the HS-5745 waiting.

kryptonite

Piranha2 said:
She ran 43 with that setup, now for the Sprint DOM test......TBD
. how was it off the line. and how long did it take to get that fast.. and for futer referance,, any post refering to any type of speed is deemed USELESS with out pics or vid.. and i don't meen pics of it going fast..

mooman007uk

Banned
I reckon I'm getting 40+ with the ported 28.5, 77dom and 27/33...it flies at the top end...i think the sprint ss pipe he made for me was even faster on the top end. It was quick with just the fg can.

40ish is plenty fast enough for what I like to do, I prefer the off the line punch for some freestyle bashing and jumping. I may even try the 25/35 though it'll probably just donut as soon as I open the throttle.

Piranha2

Contributor
43 mph......28.5cc headkit......gutted can......35/25 gearing......off the line?......LMAO.......I was almost at your house Kryp when I got to 3/4 throttle........she had more but not enough room that's why I think with the Sprint DOM I'll get there quicker.......yeah Moo, with the 25/35 it's silly stupid:eek:......I thought it was just my poor driving skills:D

Z

ZielkeRacing

I cannot wait to get my MT going after reading this thread - got the itch real bad now..... ;) i spent the money on the road car to get her going. I will have to do this next with time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts