• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

24mm Baja Wheel Adapters

brad1161

i put these adapters on from rc pitstop. with the hpi wheels i noticed nothing holds the pin in, wheels don't. I had one back out a 1/4 inch. cant get it to go in or out. any ideas? How do you keep the pins in if the wheel don't cover the pin?

G

Mine don't have a set screw. I recomend locktite. Make sure you let it dry overnight. The adapters have an oring groove but the pin can still get past an oring.

brad1161

krashkrieg said:
There is a set screw down the center that holds the pin in...
Yes, mine had a set screw in the axel that keeps the pin from coming out. just like a baja. the factory pins came out so easy it didnt even know it. there were no locktight on them. go fig

Deluge

Put a slot in the middle of the pins so the set screw can lock them in place. To get the pin out, I'd use one of the crappy hex tools that came in the kit and drive it out.

G

Now I gotta go take my wheels off and look for the set screw. I have had adapters on and off a dozen times trying different style adapters and I never knew there was a set screw in the axle.LOL I have always just used locktite on my pins.

krashkrieg

Contributor
RCDAD said:
Now I gotta go take my wheels off and look for the set screw. I have had adapters on and off a dozen times trying different style adapters and I never knew there was a set screw in the axle.LOL I have always just used locktite on my pins.
LOLOLOL.....glad we can help the DAD.. ;) ...

Like Deluge said, notch the pin with your dremmel and the set screw will lock in place just like the notch on the CVD pins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts