• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2009 Monster Truck World Finals at Diggers Dungeon

Sprint 77

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
I missed that pic too.
Not the Group shot I am speaking of Rampagehopups your in it. we are both standing turtle is knealing down just to our left. I'll look on RC Driver www and see If I can find it and get it posted on here.

looker2756

Contributor
rob64n said:
did anyone notice in car action that they only list hpi entries and nobody else. what is that all about?????????
Almost seems like us 4wd guys got Completely left out. Kind of amazing with all of the effort we put into being there & with giving away an MCD & got no coverage for that either. Thats VERY bad in my opinion. The No Limit crew were to make sure that was handled correctly though HPI is at no fault on that specific part.

racetruck

looker2756 said:
Almost seems like us 4wd guys got Completely left out. Kind of amazing with all of the effort we put into being there & with giving away an MCD & got no coverage for that either. Thats VERY bad in my opinion. The No Limit crew were to make sure that was handled correctly though HPI is at no fault on that specific part.
Hey hav'nt seen you on here i need an update about the track how is it coming along will it be ready by sept. 26 Jim

DemonRC

I'm not an MCD fan and especially not a FG fan but on the whole 4x4 end of things all the 4x4 manufacturers got shanked by the magazine not doing a complete job. Shame on them.

Also, it won't be long before 4x4 becomes mainstream in the 1/5 world. Just think if somebody like Associated or Traxxas came out with a 1/5 4x4 truck. Do you think anybody would want to be running a 2wd at a track?

rob64n

Contributor
i know that we have all had bugs to work out on our rampages' but all in all if it was a popular brand you know we would have been covered more at our events, i hope as the next year comes we get a lil more coverage, and lot more support from the guys at redcat. i'd like like to see some redcat rampage banners hangin at next years diggers dungeon please.

looker2756

Contributor
I hear ya' ! I think HPI is not wanting the 4x4's to be covered, because they are competition to them. Reguardless of popularity, I think it's going to take some time & effort in order to get them up with the HPI group. As a group, us 4x4 guys need to get people coming to the tracks & racing. Thats what will get them more coverage for right now anyway.

No Limit RC

looker2756 said:
Bob, what can I say? the class sizes in 4wd were small and HPI is NOT going to pay for coverage that highlights their competitors.

4x4 gas is up and coming , but clearly not in the mainstream right now.

Please know that I can submit lots of stuff that gets sent to the editors floor.

I do have control over www.nolimitrc.com and I featured several 4x4 photos of winners to show off sponsors and winners.

As Troy said, this was the 1st 'major' event to even have a 4x4 buggy class.

lets grow together.

looker2756

Contributor
No Limit RC said:
Bob, what can I say? the class sizes in 4wd were small and HPI is NOT going to pay for coverage that highlights their competitors.
4x4 gas is up and coming , but clearly not in the mainstream right now.

Please know that I can submit lots of stuff that gets sent to the editors floor.

I do have control over www.nolimitrc.com and I featured several 4x4 photos of winners to show off sponsors and winners.

As Troy said, this was the 1st 'major' event to even have a 4x4 buggy class.

lets grow together.
I totally agree on what your saying Justin. The BIG disappointment to me was the MCD giveaway that got Barely Any coverage at all. Not to mention the drawing deal that was a disaster, from the point of our group. We never even got to hear the numbers drawn ?? In seeing all of the prizes that were there and buying tickets to the drawing. I walked away with a BlueGroove steering wheel cover. A bit disappointed being as I spent a ton of money & time & also did very well racing. I understand the HPI thing, but when a prize like an MCD MT is up for grabs & don't get coverage. Thats NOT good, Especially for getting future prizes like it.

We hope to help grow with everyone as well. Just need the support of the people we are helping in return. No Limit 2009 is water under the bridge now. Looking forward to Next years event.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I agree with looker2756 LargeScale RC.com and Rampage Hop UPs are both smaller family ran bussinesses that BOTH worked their buts off to help make the first largest large scale race possible and my hats off to both of you all. The Paluchiniks and you to Rob are a site to see on the race track if nothing else.

Time loss from you alls shops and travel time and expenses then both of you to invest thousands more I would have like to of heard more on the loudspeaker of these two if nothing more than on the large scale side of the event.

It was the first time large scale event and in Justin's defense I feel he will make a point to address this issue for next year. Maybe even a list of who all needs to be rcognized on the loudspeaker for the announcer to go over every two hours or so.

I had a blast and I do believe you got one other prize LOOKER2756 a sore shoulder LOL if I can't get you on the track get you in the prize grab.

No Limit RC

Thank you for the feedback. NLRC has proven over the years that we do listen to your comments and make adjustments.

The $1500 truck donated by large scale RC was HUGE IMO!!! The 4x4 buggy class was cool to watch:) and I can guarantee that I mentioned it to all the media.

I have learned that with 20+ sponsors it is hard to give credit where credit is due. We put logos on awards, run ads on a TON of forums, post ads on www.nolimitrc.com and ask the media to show off the sponsors. Large scale RC was listed as a gold level sponsor in RC Driver ($1,000+). Personally, the magazines could give 1 full page for each of the events-racing, longjump, freestyle etc but space in a mag is $$.

There is no other event that awards so many prizes and unfortunately, some guys walk away with the $1500 MCD truck, a Savage XL, and other smaller prizes. yet others win a battery.

I work hard for the sponsors and REALLY appreciate their attendance and support.

Truth is, event coverage is driven by $$$.

looker2756

Contributor
Sprint 77 said:
I had a blast and I do believe you got one other prize LOOKER2756 a sore shoulder LOL if I can't get you on the track get you in the prize grab.
I hear ya' on that one. Your height had me covered for sure ! I hope those FE bearings worked well. We had a great time & Hope to help promote & grow this area of the hobby. Just want credit for being sponsors & not to mention the people who we helped get up & going with parts & information.

Not to take anything away from anyone, but Me & Troy tuned your truck Justin, just so ya' know who actually did that part.

With an event that big & being the first time with a 1/5 scale dedicated track. You can expect some minor hitches, & it's not like the No-Limit crew were doing nothing either.

For those who did not get to see. This is the MCD that was given away. Dennis & his son Ryan were over checking everything out. Even got a backside of ole' Sprint77 in there too.

dNoLimitSaturday197.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

No Limit RC

The October issue of Rc Car magazine has 5 pages of coverage. Not much large scale stuff:( Apparently, large scale gas trucks are still on the outskirts. I love my Rampage though!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts