• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2 speed transmission

Ice_2k

I'm really interested to hear how this transmission is working for you, both now and after some time (at least 10 hours of running).

rroberson7805

Transmission will not engage unless going backwards like these trucks do not even do. The gears just spin. Something internally must be backwards behind 1st gear I guess. What do you guys think? It works in reverse, lol. 6925331d8f8fce551c02ff1d8cae45b5.jpg

Wayne

The one way bearing is pressed inside one of the gears. I think it is 432 on your chart. I had to replace one on my Damon 2 speed. try taking the gears off and look inside you can see the one way bearing, flip that gear and see if it helps. It should be the gear behind the gear with the adjustable clutch mounted in it.

rroberson7805

Wayne said:
The one way bearing is pressed inside one of the gears. I think it is 432 on your chart. I had to replace one on my Damon 2 speed. try taking the gears off and look inside you can see the one way bearing, flip that gear and see if it helps. It should be the gear behind the gear with the adjustable clutch mounted in it.
Ok, will try that tonight when I get home. I thought it was something like that, lol. Thank you.

rroberson7805

Cannot flip 1st gear, it leaves no room for the 2nd gear to touch the 1st shaft. What is purpouse of one way bearing?

rroberson7805

Does anyone know if these one way bearings are pressed in? Can I remove it and just flip the bearing? I don't know if attempts will trash it.

rroberson7805

Nevermind on my last comment, I have looked it over many times and I'm screwed. One way bearing is definable backwards (ignorant factory workers) and there is nothing I can do but hope they ship me one that is correct. Well well, anyways......

alfred e numan

no ones perfect.

its easy to make mistakes. i do it all the time. just be nice and polite to the people when you contact them--- this goes a long ways in life. people from china are for most part very polite humble people. be nice when you contact them, ask them to send you a extra gear- bearing. you might be suprised ! example-- i bought two oversized radiatiors from china. high quality. but, one had poor fitment. I took detailed photos with measurements so factory could correct future shipments to the world. Guess what? 2 weeks later- there were 2 improved fitment radiators at the post office !!! free!! as for your bearing-- find someone with a press- or a quality vise- just press the bearing out- flip it over and reinstall. just make shure its lightly greased and square in the hole before pressing in.

alfred e numan

high dollar russan tubesnot pointing fingers at anyone. here is another example of simple mistakes. i build this stuff-- just a hobby. see those 8 blue square things on the front of the p-c board? these adjust the voltage - the bias for the heaters on the tubes. These were incorrect pots- the second the amp was powered up to bias the pentode arrangement-- the tubes were destroyed. By being diplomatic to them, to correct mistake on the bias pots-- i had 2 sets of Genuine Svetiana el 34 tubes shipped to me free !! yes, i get bent outta shape just like anyone else does, never let it show though. free is good.

VELLAMIN 4040 002.jpg

VELLAMIN 4040 002.jpg

/monthly_2015_09/583c6073611e4_VELLAMIN4040002.jpg.9b733e047f1b281af4a6574fd58172ca.jpg

rroberson7805

alfred e numan said:
its easy to make mistakes. i do it all the time. just be nice and polite to the people when you contact them--- this goes a long ways in life. people from china are for most part very polite humble people. be nice when you contact them, ask them to send you a extra gear- bearing. you might be suprised ! example-- i bought two oversized radiatiors from china. high quality. but, one had poor fitment. I took detailed photos with measurements so factory could correct future shipments to the world. Guess what? 2 weeks later- there were 2 improved fitment radiators at the post office !!! free!! as for your bearing-- find someone with a press- or a quality vise- just press the bearing out- flip it over and reinstall. just make shure its lightly greased and square in the hole before pressing in.
Yes sir, I have been very polite going back and fourth thru email's. I even sent them a video of the transmission installed and running showing them the one way bearing is defiantly backwards. I'm pretty sure when they get back with me they will make it right.

rroberson7805

They are mailing me a 1st gear with one way bearing in the right direction for free. They have been very nice to communicate with the whole time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.