• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

07109 Chassis Side Guard Hop Up?

ChuenouXiao

Hey Olfart... why don't you make this part but in 7075? It would be a nice upgrade..... you guys tell me what you think.....

G

It only needed to keep the dirt and rocks out. It does not need to be structural.

G

He is talking about the plastic side guards and having them made from aluminum.

533312a9.jpg

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
It only needed to keep the dirt and rocks out. It does not need to be structural.
I know but if Olfart was to make em, if he make them about 1 to 2 inches higher then the stock ones to protect the internal parts in case of a T-bone or what so ever. I think it's a easy upgrade part to make and worth the upgrade. Me personally I like to protect my internal parts and this would be a great way to protect it.

G

I see your point. They could be a bit wider also without the cutout for the gear cover.

rampagemt

Having them go up higher to protect would be Awsome but I have to agree with my man deluge about not needed extra weight. Would look sick tho

krashkrieg

Contributor
ChuenouXiao said:
I know but if Olfart was to make em, if he make them about 1 to 2 inches higher then the stock ones to protect the internal parts in case of a T-bone or what so ever. I think it's a easy upgrade part to make and worth the upgrade. Me personally I like to protect my internal parts and this would be a great way to protect it.
You can always order some thick lexan sheets from Tower and cut/fit along rail maybe attach with some sort of snap clip.

ChuenouXiao

Ol said:
They would be harder to make than it looks, and they would not hold up well in a crash.
Wouldn't they hold up better then the plastic though? So much better then the plastic I presume?

krashkrieg

Contributor
Actually NO you are thinking about it all wrong...lots think aluminum is better cause stronger, but it bends in an accident and is not forgiving. The plastic side guards are not needed for strength in any way and will ultimately bend every time they are hit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts