• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

050028 Blue Aluminum Air Filter

ChuenouXiao

Anyone purchased and test this out? Is it good? Why is it out of stock and will it be back in stock?

G

For show only. It would be ok for on road only. Redcat get huge shipments. Just have to wait until the next one arrives. We all understand how long it can take for over seas freight.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
For show only. It would be ok for on road only. Redcat get huge shipments. Just have to wait until the next one arrives. We all understand how long it can take for over seas freight.
The design looks nice but It looks like the pocket opening on the side of the filter can cause air to go inside if the foam is twisted or something :D Your thoughts?

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Not worth it. It's poorly designed. I see too many vulnerable areas on that thing.
I've been looking for a good filter mod on my xb. So far nothing impress me yet. I don't want to mod my servo link to accommodate the filter mod. If you know any good professional looking air filter mod with no servo linkage rerouting... please let me know. Note... I'm real picky on the looks of my XB. I like to keep as clean as possible....

G

The DT1 is perfect. It clears the linkage and fits nice under the the body.

I have tried just about everything and it is the best fitting. It's a great filter as well.

-

9396da52.jpg

G

I'll go take a pic for ya.

I do not have a profiler or it yet. DDM sent me the wrong one when I ordered them.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Here ya go. Through the body and from the front.-

1e1c74a1.jpg
Is it soft or does it have a solid frame? BTW thanks for taking the shot for me. I appreciate your time :D

Last edited by a moderator:
G

It is soft, no frame. I have a few laying around. I can never buy just one of something. LOL

-

1a56d52c.jpg

ChuenouXiao

ChuenouXiao said:
Guys I'm thinking about something like this http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/filters/angled-uni-air-filter.html

or

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/filters/3-uni-filter.html

Nice and clean... professional looking.... it says that it needs a v stack? Are V stack prone to air leak? Please let me know....
I believe this

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/filters/1702-blur-quick-release-high-torque-v-stack.html

Will work with those above?

G

Deluge said:
When I first saw that filter, I thought it looked like a horse's...you know. Just sayin'. Looks like it fits the XB well, though.
And no it is not meant to be used as the Flesh Light. LOL

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
For me I refuse to hack up the body for the Air Filter. Both of those will not fit under any of the XB bodies. Those also need the angled stack to clear the linkages. That makes them even higher. The work under the truck or Rally body.
But Rcdad my XB body is cut on the windshield... completely open... it should work right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts