• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT Shock Travel & Front Drive's

ImminentFailure

So I was bashing the XT on some killer jumps this weekend. Three times I had the universal drive shaft at the diff cup end (going into the front diff) slip out on hard landings on the left front side. I couldn't figure out how this could be until I collapsed the shock until the point it bottoms out, sure as shit the drive shaft slipped out. I was able to get it back in the third time by collapsing the shock again, and just slipping it back in as i let the shock out. It only happened when landing un-level.

Anyone have any thoughts on correcting the amount of travel?

The current setup for my front shocks is stock other than I moved the mounting location on the lower suspension arms to the inside hole to gain a bit of ground clearance (stand the shock up). Could this be the root cause?

The pre-load is currently all the way down (max).

I read some threads here looking to hi-jack one for this post before making a new thread. I saw some people talk of moving the fronts to rear, then getting 5B or 5T back/fronts to go in the back???

Triggerman77

Contributor
Should Be a Simple fix! Adjust your upper A Arm IN a little Bit This pulls the Dog bone in the cup a little more but Do NOT Tighten ity to much BC It will Bind (BOTTOM OUT) In The cup and cause Damage

Good luck Bro !! :)

Triggerman77

Contributor
Also if your Going huge On the Jumps !!Stiffen Up your shocks Or Get Better Shocks !! BC they will not Last

ImminentFailure

Thanks for the reply and tip.

I'm browsing those other threads on shocks. I saw the general idea was the XT rears up front, and 5B fronts in the back, but I hate to keep the stock ones at all.

Anyone have a shock brand they have come to love, or are the ones from the 5B/5T good?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.