• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT Maintenance

bobvic1217

What does everybody do for their XT as far a routine mainetance? I have everything stock and 4 tanks of fuel through it, awaiting a new shock from redcat. I see alot of people talking about greasing and/or drilling hole in plastic gear case and spraying lube. I just don't want to ruin anything thats beyond my repairing knowledge. Also, what does everyone do with the 4 hexes you have to unscrew everytime you charge your battery? I charged mine twice so far, and feel like im getting ready to strip one off the battery cover already. Thank you for any responses. Happy XT and Earthquake 3.5 owner... wife hates me! lol So do my neighbors!

DemonRC

I installed a charge port on my battery box. Here's some pics. You can find em in the LHS in the planes section. They are about $10. You will also need to pick up a switch with 3 leads.

Charge Port Closed.jpg

Charge Port Open.jpg

/monthly_2011_05/583c6060e67e4_ChargePortClosed.jpg.39e140a3b09e3be6dda1d6e30b2948d1.jpg

/monthly_2011_05/583c6060e8000_ChargePortOpen.jpg.e0f801aa9f71ce63ca127ced5fe3224b.jpg

powerslave69

balloon

bobvic1217 said:
What does everybody do for their XT as far a routine mainetance? I have everything stock and 4 tanks of fuel through it, awaiting a new shock from redcat. I see alot of people talking about greasing and/or drilling hole in plastic gear case and spraying lube. I just don't want to ruin anything thats beyond my repairing knowledge. Also, what does everyone do with the 4 hexes you have to unscrew everytime you charge your battery? I charged mine twice so far, and feel like im getting ready to strip one off the battery cover already. Thank you for any responses. Happy XT and Earthquake 3.5 owner... wife hates me! lol So do my neighbors!
I just let the wire stick out of the box then cover it with a small balloon to guard it against any liquid. $1.99/50 pcs at walmart.You're right, eventually you'll strip the plastic cover, I did !#$@!!!% :D

you're not alone, my neighbor wish I would move:D

Last edited by a moderator:

powerslave69

hey!!

DemonRC said:
I installed a charge port on my battery box. Here's some pics. You can find em in the LHS in the planes section. They are about $10. You will also need to pick up a switch with 3 leads.
forget the balloon, looks crappy, go for Demon's solution. Think I'll do this too

bobvic1217

Demon's way has a finished look, although the balloon will do till I find out what "LHS in the planes section" is... :) So what about spray grease, wd40, in the gears?

bobvic1217

Local Hobby Store! I got it! lol Boy oh boy... and I went to college for 2 years for???? lol

DemonRC

bobvic1217 said:
Demon's way has a finished look, although the balloon will do till I find out what "LHS in the planes section" is... :) So what about spray grease, wd40, in the gears?
LHS = local hobby shop

look in the airplane electronics section where they carry all the servo wire extenders and battery hookups. The one I have is from a company called Ernst. It's probably the most common charge port for airplanes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts