• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

xt carb

thgstang

Hey guys I got my xt a couple of weeks ago and now I have to change my carb which one should I go with since I'm changing it walbro 668 or 813. I have no upgrades done to it and since I'm new to this what could be my next upgrades? Thanks in advance...

camo

I use the 813 and has great overall performance but i doesn't have a choke which might be an issue if you just want something very simple and reliable. The 668 will give you about the same performance as the stock caburetor but it will be way more reliable and a bit easier to tune. They both should fit without any moods.

About any other upgrades, I would recomend you to get a good tune pipe which will most likely awake you XT's 30cc, something like the MCD jetpro adapted for the XT will really make you happy (there is a link in this forum with that name). other than that, may be servos before they give up.

One more thing I would advice you to do is to check all bolts to metal and use a bit of blue thread lock on the ones you find loose.

good luck

City Divided

Contributor
Stang,

Why are you changing out the stock Carb? Is it that after only a couple of weeks the stock one has already gone bad or are you just looking for a performance upgrade?

DemonRC

I just picked up the Jetpro built specifically for the XB to replace the MCD pipe I was running. The XT/B pipe will generate more power according to Dino. I'm sure he shortened the MCD version some since those guys HAVE to have the pipe 100% under the body.

I picked up the last finished pipe. He's got a few more that just need plating so get em while he's got em :)

powerslave69

failsafe

thgstang said:
Hey guys I got my xt a couple of weeks ago and now I have to change my carb which one should I go with since I'm changing it walbro 668 or 813. I have no upgrades done to it and since I'm new to this what could be my next upgrades? Thanks in advance...
I read a lot of guys suggesting the first mod should be your failsafe. A lot of them had the stock fail on them. am still waiting for my new truck to arrive. In the meantime, I ordered the Killer V for my XT and found one video by Squirrelod showing step by step on how to install it. Here is the link:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFHlwC4wgQo[/ame]

Actually he did a video series on Rampage 5th scale. Very imformative. With a truck this big, I guess the last thing we want is lose control of it and breaking something on it or worse injuring someone. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts