• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XR-E Aftermarket Support

Noah

Does it have any? I know its probably compatible with some other Redcat parts and I wouldn't be surprised if it worked with stuff from other manufactures either.

Also does anybody know any tips for making plastic more durable? Already ripped off my bumper from it scraping on a bump on my paved driveway...

RampageHopUps

The XR shares some parts with the XB and XT models. The engines are compatable with CY engines. Other than that, nothing is the same as other mfg.

Noah

anything you would recommend for the plastics problem then?

Noah

RampageHopUps said:
What problem are you having ? Where do you live?
my problem was just that the bumper is really breakable and has broken once after a really small hit and I don't want it to happen tp the new one I have to buy.

Ildy666

I have read on other forums that boiling plastics in hot water makes them less brittle but I don't know if it works?could just be a wives tale???

Ol' fart

The drivetrain parts I make will fit on the rally, both gas and electric.

Look into making the lower part of the front bumper out of aluminum.

RampageHopUps

In the old days of T-maxxes, we would boil the plastics and I swear it helped. It just releases any stress in the plastic, so no harm if you do boil them.

Noah

Ol said:
The drivetrain parts I make will fit on the rally, both gas and electric.Look into making the lower part of the front bumper out of aluminum.
if you make it, maybe raise the height of it so it doesn't scrap on the ground so much

going_fast

I guess i'll be boiling some parts! I have broken my brittle front bumper on my chimera. Repaired and strengthened with aluminum. Broken rear roll cage where wing is mounted. I purchased new rear section but it has no flex to it. Broken roll cage on left side. Only rolled it twice. Some rpm parts would be awesome. But they don't exist. All in all i still love my redcat.

Noah

going_fast said:
I guess i'll be boiling some parts! I have broken my brittle front bumper on my chimera. Repaired and strengthened with aluminum. Broken rear roll cage where wing is mounted. I purchased new rear section but it has no flex to it. Broken roll cage on left side. Only rolled it twice. Some rpm parts would be awesome. But they don't exist. All in all i still love my redcat.
yep, I superglued the crap out of the bumper to get it back together, only for it to break the bumper plate on a microscopic pothole.

going_fast

Pic of bumper fix. You must extend aluminum in slot where original bumper mounted

1225142354.jpg

1225142354.jpg

/monthly_2015_02/1225142354.jpg.6af11e0e422d0f03d19642cd8d09ac55.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.