• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE Series Wiring Question

DemonRC

I'm sure anybody with an XBE knows how their stock wiring is. I cut all my connectors off and installed Castle 5.5mm connectors that aren't paired into plugs. So... basically the + on the ESC goes to the + on battery 1 and the - on the ESC goes to the - on battery 2. Then, you have the joiner that goes from the - on battery 1 to the positive on battery 2. Now for my question. Can't we just plug the - on battery 1 to the positive on battery two and skip the joiner piece like in the pic? Basically it's the same thing but bypasses a series of wire.

The only thinig I can foresee going wrong is if the wire started to burn up there's such a short run that it may burn the wire all the way into the battery and start a fire. At least that joiner piece makes it a longer run through 2 plugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I'd say the way you have it is better. Less plugs = less connections to have contact problems. I've melted plugs on 10th scale electrics due to poor contacts.

G

I also gotta give ya props, as it looks a lot cleaner!

XBENOOB

Nice.. Just make sure you have some extra slack in the wires... The body flexes when you land from the jumps..

Also... My eye noticed the aluminum parts on the front (c-hubs and front bearing carriers) They look like suspiciously like MT parts :D

Obeast44

Banned
XBENOOB said:
Also... My eye noticed the aluminum parts on the front (c-hubs and front bearing carriers) They look like suspiciously like MT parts :D
Your eyes are deceiving you! Shhh thats top secret stuff! :D

G

Also... My eye noticed the aluminum parts on the front (c-hubs and front bearing carriers) They look like suspiciously like MT parts
Demon has a thread on the conversion under supension and drivetrain.

DemonRC

RCDAD said:
Demon has a thread on the conversion under supension and drivetrain.
I'm back on the stock arms and hubs untill my V3 arms come in. I can't figure out which setup I wanna run with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts