• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE rear wheel sloppy

Keith81

seems like my rear wheels are loose but the wheel nuts are tight, does anyone know if this is a common issue ???

I'm new to the xbe so I'm not sure what the hell it is wrong with it...

I know it aint normal though, they wobbly....

Deluge

These are the DDM wheel nuts, right? I'm wondering if they're deep enough for the adapters you bought. They should be, they fit on my MT hubs and my DarkSoul extenders just fine. Try taking the wheel off and see if you have any play in the adapters, or the bearings.

DemonRC

Most likely it's the setscrews in the Ramtech adapter. Mine get loose all the time. The problem is that there isn't enough shaft to support the adapter. I did a quick fix in my garage which only cost me a few bucks and an hour and a half. You need a way to extend the 10mm shaft to the end of the thread.

Here's how to extend the shaft to fully support the adapter by using a drill as a homemade lathe:

1) Get a long 6mm bolt from the hardware store and dremeled off the head.

2) Thread 2x 6mm nuts onto the end of the bolt and lock them together.

3) Insert the other end of the bolt into a drill.

4) Clamp the drill down on a workbench and use you non-working hand to operate the trigger and start spinning the bolt with the nuts. Everything should be spinning pretty straight and true.

5) Use your working hand to operate a dremel with a sanding wheel or cylindrical grining bit to work the hex corners off the nuts as they are spinning.

6) When you get the nuts down to the flats it should be close to 10mm. Work a little at a time and test fit an adapter on them every 10 seconds of grinding/sanding. You want them to slide in without any play.

7) When both nuts are done locktite them down onto your axle thread and install the adpater. You will notice the Ramtech adapters will have little wobble in them without the setscrews even being tightened.

8) Do this 3x more times for the rest of the wheels.

It would of course be easier if there were some 10mm spacers with a 6mm thread but I can't find any off the shelf.

Keith81

Demon,

I have the 7075 rc adapters not the ramtech ones...

Gabe,

I am using the DDM wheel nuts I got from you, yes... They are on tight too... Only the rear wheels are doing this not the fronts... I will check the adapters though...

DemonRC

Must be the bearings in the hub then. Also, the rear upper linkage connecting the hub to the shock get ALOT of slop in the ball joints very quickly. This will cause alot of play in the wheel too. I've been replacing mine every month or two because the plasic ball joint stretches out and the balls just flop around inside the plastic.

Keith81

Im gonna order the 7075 rc parts and bearings and see if that fixes my problem. also gonna order the motor mount, cam, etc...

What is the stock spur gear and pinion ? Can i upgrade them for more tourge/speed ??

Keith81

All fixed now I blew out both bearings on the rear right wheel. Nice n tight with new bearings now...

Yay I can play again!

Keith81

I just had to get it fixed today before my 7075 rc stuff comes in... I couldn't sit there and look at her wobbly wheel anymore, plus I needed to play with it, I couldn't take it anymore since i just sold my MT pro and XB roller... I needed it today!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.