• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE front axles

dl914

I bent the front axle and have the universal drive joint 7144 on order. Do they sell just the axle itself (plated part)? Seems a shame to have to replace the whole thing.

DemonRC

They're cheap enough where replacing them as a set isn't a big issue. You would want to replace them together anyways. I had an old CVD axle laying around from when I broke a cup. I replaced the entire CVD but kept the axle as a spare. Later I broke a CVD axle from a collision with a post. So I replaced the broken unit with the old spare I had sitting around. I installed it and it broke after 5 minutes of normal running around in the grass. It had to have been stress fractured from when I broke the cup.

dl914

Ok- so I received the new universal drive joint (7144) and the threaded portion (for securing wheel) is larger than the originals. 10mm vs 6mm. Is this an upgrade?

Since I have have HPI adapters from 7075rc that fit the 6mm i will have to either use my old drive axle (6mm) or bore out the adapters.

Ol' fart

Not good

Ya, I know about this change from redcat.

I have reworked one set so far and they work fine but......I guess I'll keep both sizes in stock and if you send your old set back I'll change them to the larger thread at no charge. But then you'll have to buy a whole new set of axles .... no one wins on this one.

Ol' fart

dl914

well there is a big difference when you look at them. The 6 mm threaded stud steps down from where the bearings are and the 10mm threaded area is basically the same size as the bearing area if that makes sense.

Oh and the original stock wheels wont fit without boring out the center

Last edited by a moderator:

Vision

These are mine, based on your post I would say I have 6mm right ?

hub.jpg

dl914

I got everything mounted using the old axles (6mm) and new dog bones. The 7075rc adapters work like a champ. I have the adapters with the 4 little screws holding the cap on. The wheel fit very snug requiring me to use the cap with screws to push the wheel into place. I had to use a wheel puller to remove the wheel later, that's how tight it was. Also you have to reuse your old flange bushings for the screws that secure the c hubs to bearing holders. Luckily I had a set of the stock plastic hubs that had flange bushings with it.

Ol'fart-Thanks for the offer to exchange them but I used them anyway. When I replace all my axles with the larger size I will either bore these out or buy new adapters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Intense

Split the drive cups on my front axles, and went to put the new ones on and just discovered the thread size increase. Are the rear axles also getting the thread size increase? I assume so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.