• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB vs TT

AURORA421

New kid on the block (64). Been involved in this hobby since 1975 - Rc pattern mostly and jets. Had some experience with RC car, again mostly on-road. Just picked up my first XB-E Buggy - runs very good. I change out the stock batteries and went with 3S 40C-80C Lipo 5000mah - buggy really flys. Ok, heres the questions, I've been looking into gas and eyeing the XB and TT. There are no TT's available anywhere with the 30cc motor. I did find some TT with the 23cc and a few with 26cc motors. The mfg are out of stock and none to be found anywhere. Is this because of popularity of TT's? Is the TT better, in all fields than the XB? Other than weight, TT 27.9lbs and XB 19.7 lbs, is their a preferrance of one over the other? Appreciate any feedback out their - Hope I'm not beating on a dead horse - Later, Steve

ImminentFailure

I think the money you spend on adding a gasser to your collection you could buy enough lipos for a all afternoon bash session without recharging. Plus spare parts. XB-E is the shizz if you like electric.

Obeast44

Banned
ImminentFailure said:
I think the money you spend on adding a gasser to your collection you could buy enough lipos for a all afternoon bash session without recharging. Plus spare parts. XB-E is the shizz if you like electric.
^^^^ +1

Thats exactly what I would do, that and buy a few spares.

cordy

I have a tt and an xb. I prefer the xb. I also have a shreeder which I like the most. I am 68 yrs old. With the electrics you save on no pipe,clutch,break pads, clutch spring upgrade,and a piston stop tool to replace the clutch. We have a local track here in the chicago area and raceing the xb is great fun.Carying the shreeder is just pure joy at 10 lbs. I `m in the process of wireing my batterys in parralell for longer run time. I agree with Obeast and with ImminetFailure.

LightForce

Get the TT cause you have XBe already. If you don`t find one with 30cc engine just buy one with 26CC and add DDM Dom side pipe or JetPro.

26 tuned well with pipe will run higher rpm and might be faster on straights but will accelarate bit slower, not much diff.

As for me I can`t imagine myself going with all electrics instead of gasser.

I own 4 gassers and one electric.

And there is nothing better then screaming 2 stroke engine with pipe.

Alex

@ LightForce i think so too ,2 stroke is great ,i ve sold all my electros ,my 466cc ramp ist the best i ve owned ever.

rob64n

Contributor
AURORA421 said:
New kid on the block (64). Been involved in this hobby since 1975 - Rc pattern mostly and jets. Had some experience with RC car, again mostly on-road. Just picked up my first XB-E Buggy - runs very good. I change out the stock batteries and went with 3S 40C-80C Lipo 5000mah - buggy really flys. Ok, heres the questions, I've been looking into gas and eyeing the XB and TT. There are no TT's available anywhere with the 30cc motor. I did find some TT with the 23cc and a few with 26cc motors. The mfg are out of stock and none to be found anywhere. Is this because of popularity of TT's? Is the TT better, in all fields than the XB? Other than weight, TT 27.9lbs and XB 19.7 lbs, is their a preferrance of one over the other? Appreciate any feedback out their - Hope I'm not beating on a dead horse - Later, Steve
I would say TT if your gonna drive rough, XB if you're looking to race off-road

altough TT is great for dirt oval

Deluge

AURORA421 said:
I'd go with a TT. XB has a few bugs that need to be worked out.

Alex said:
@ LightForce i think so too ,2 stroke is great ,i ve sold all my electros ,my 466cc ramp ist the best i ve owned ever.
Whaaaaaat?!

Dirtconvert

ELECTRIC all the way. Gas is cool for the noise factor but that same factor makes it a poor choice if you live in a neighborhood. As far as power goes, electric again hands down. Speed, draw. Acceleration, electric. Ease of maintenance..electric. Light weight, less broken parts due to inertial crashes...electric. With the right balance charger( not a cheapo) you can get very respectable run times with a good lipo. There are 3 mfgs of lipo batteries, so whoever you buy is one of those three. I personally get up to 50 minutes of play time on 2 3s 6000mah and with the xbe stockers, 46 minutes. If you would rather tinker than drive go gas. The XBE is relatively new but the bugs are minor and easily remedied. It is as tough as it looks and as long as you take it apart and check your diffs and change your bearings before you drive, wont have any problems with exception of steering servo is junk. Buy the XBE, spend another 75.00 and you are good for along time. IMO

Deluge

Dirtconvert said:
ELECTRIC all the way. Gas is cool for the noise factor but that same factor makes it a poor choice if you live in a neighborhood. As far as power goes, electric again hands down. Speed, draw. Acceleration, electric. Ease of maintenance..electric. Light weight, less broken parts due to inertial crashes...electric. With the right balance charger( not a cheapo) you can get very respectable run times with a good lipo. There are 3 mfgs of lipo batteries, so whoever you buy is one of those three. I personally get up to 50 minutes of play time on 2 3s 6000mah and with the xbe stockers, 46 minutes. If you would rather tinker than drive go gas. The XBE is relatively new but the bugs are minor and easily remedied. It is as tough as it looks and as long as you take it apart and check your diffs and change your bearings before you drive, wont have any problems with exception of steering servo is junk. Buy the XBE, spend another 75.00 and you are good for along time. IMO
He has an XB-E.

DemonRC

Alex said:
He means 46cc. There's a video around here somewhere with his 46cc installed and running in a Rampage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts