• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB transmission gear problem

Wayne

I have an XB and run a 35 x 25 x 25 x 25 gear set in the transmission. Two of my 25 tooth gears were damaged and had to be replace. They are the square drive gears but I notice they are not identical. One has wider teeth, an extra rim on the topside, and no rim on the inside were you insert the square drive. The other 25 tooth gear has a rim on the inside where the square drive is inserted, the teeth are narrow, and it has one instead of two rims on the top side. I am fairly sure the one with the narrow teeth is part# 5016 and I had an extra. I am trying the find the part number for the one with the wider teeth and where I may purchase a replacement. I see DDM sells the set of three which includes both types but it is $54. I was hoping I could purchase the single 25 tooth gear with wider death for a lot less, like $16. I know this is confusing but I did the best I can. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

rcgasser

It will be easier to understand if you was to label each gear so we could know which gear you are talking about. Starting with the gear on the clutch bell A, B, C, D gears or describe which gear on which part? Is the gear on the lay shaft with the brakes? The clutch bell gear and so fourth.

RampageHopUps

The wider tooth gears have been discontinued for around 2 years now. They switched them to the less material, and I doubt you will find any of the old ones.

The 35/25 is gearing for the MT. Do you like that much torque, or have you tried the 31/29?

Wayne

I have it set up for top end speed. I run it with an OBR 30.5c full mod engine and Jet Pro side mount pipe. I have the 35 tooth gear on the clutch bell. There is a 25 tooth narrow gear on the lay shaft with the brakes. The wider 25 tooth gear was on the center free spinning lay shaft mounted next to the transmission plate, I think that is gear "B". Gear "B" connects with the gear mounted on the lay shaft with the brakes. There is also a 25 tooth narrow gear mounted on the same free spinning lay shaft on the outside and it is connected to the clutch bell gear. There are two 25 tooth gears mounted on the center free spinning lay shaft. When I tried to use three identical 25 tooth gears I was unable to aligned the teeth.

Thanks and I think I found what I was looking for on ebay.

Phill

I think you're talking about the C gearSee attached pic

gearchartrampage.jpg

gearchartrampage.jpg

/monthly_2014_07/gearchartrampage.jpg.e15f8a9dff95a4ac2b792a68878ea0de.jpg

Wayne

Yes your are correct, the "C" gear. When I tried to use two identical 25 tooth gears for C and D they did not line up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts