• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB to XB-E

Raptorman670

Hi guys i was thinking about converting my XB to electric has any one done it?

Are the chassis the same and what parts are different between the two?

G

Most of the hop ups work for both. The xbe doesn't have the cage and has different body braces. They are based of the same platform. You would have to drill holes in the chassis for the new components. IMO I would invest in a xbe over converting. I was checking out specs on the Redcat site and demensions listed are different between the two. Length, width, and wheel base are all different. Maybe the specs are not accurate. I'm hoping someone who knows for sure will chime in. I am curious on the size difference between the two.

csp1971

Contributor
Chassis' are a bit different (that's 90 right there). I think it would be great if Redcat would put out a conversion kit for those with XB/XT's to convert to electric (just the chassis pieces, less the electrics). I know I would pick one up. I'm running out of places to run and I'm beginning to think I'll need to sell my XB so I can pick up a large scale electric.

csp1971

Contributor
RCDAD said:
Most of the hop ups work for both. The xbe doesn't have the cage and has different body braces. They are based of the same platform. You would have to drill holes in the chassis for the new components. IMO I would invest in a xbe over converting. I was checking out specs on the Redcat site and demensions listed are different between the two. Length, width, and wheel base are all different. Maybe the specs are not accurate. I'm hoping someone who knows for sure will chime in. I am curious on the size difference between the two.
I would love to know too.

Obeast44

Banned
Ok, here is a list of the things from the XB-E you will need. This is just off the top of my head so I maybe be forgetting a few things.

Chassis, sideguards, battery trays, steering servo mount , ESC mount, front top plate brace, RX box, engine mount, center spool, pinion/spur gear, pin for the spur gear, dust cover, front center dogbone, rear center dogbone, motor cam, center rear chassis brace, center rear chassis top plate, and I am sure I am missing something. Basically itd be cheaper to sell the XB at a loss and buy a new XBe. Thats also not factoring buying new center cups/ bearing and reusing them from the XB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.