• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB spare parts to keep on hand

46u

What spare parts do XB owners recommend to keep on hand? Nothing like going for a bash and breaking a small part and being done for the day.

Thanks

Obeast44

Banned
I keep these onhand: wing, wing stay, full set of arms, c hubs, front CVDs, inner drive cups, wheel drive cups, inner dogbones F+R, rear dogbones, drive squares, diff housing, and steering linkages.

So unless I destroy a diff I can be up and running again in a matter of minutes.

46u

Obeast44 said:
I keep these onhand: wing, wing stay, full set of arms, c hubs, front CVDs, inner drive cups, wheel drive cups, inner dogbones F+R, rear dogbones, drive squares, diff housing, and steering linkages. So unless I destroy a diff I can be up and running again in a matter of minutes.
Have you broken anything yet and if so what?

Thanks

Obeast44

Banned
Ive broke a wing, stripped a wheel, and a front lower outer hinge pin. That's not including the wheel bearings and stock foams that turned to dust. Both of those have been permanently fixed with 7075RC parts and a pool noodle :D

46u

I plan on installing the 7075 RC knuckles front and rear before I ever run along with some other changes. On he diff did you mess up the spider gears?

ImminentFailure

If you stand up / lay down your shocks a lot on different driving conditions you may want some spare mounting tabs. The little blocks the bottom of the shock mounts to on the arms. These are threaded on one side only, they can strip out and break. I drive the same casual bashing so I'm never moving mine around. They've held up fine, but one of those small parts that can ruin a bash day.

DemonRC

46u said:
I been a little concern that the diff only has two spider gears. But have not heard of anyone having a problem do to this.
The car is light enough where you don't have to have all 4 spiders in there. The gears are pretty beefy. You will end up breaking the outdrive shaft at the pinhole before you bust a spider gear.

Also, once you get the 7075RC knuckles you won't be needing much to keep the car running. The suspension arms are pretty dam flexible. They are hard to break. Keeping a set on hand would be good practice though. After that a spare diff, spare tire, and spare shocks would probably get you through the worst day.

xbeNewb

I bent a front shock tower very slightly after a nasty cart-wheel crash. So far, my xbe is holding up very well.

I did strip a wheel hub but I blame myself for running with dead/overheating wheel bearings

auto2

i bent a shock tower and bent it back

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.