• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Rear Toe-In

csp1971

Contributor
This is more of an FYI. When I received my XB I noticed some pretty severe rear toe-in (severe in my eyes, I hate the looks of it :p ) . Some people like that, but I took off the wheel and realized my rear hubs were on backwards. No big deal really, just thought I would throw that out there if anyone notices the same thing.

Zapped

csp1971 said:
This is more of an FYI. When I received my XB I noticed some pretty severe rear toe-in (severe in my eyes, I hate the looks of it :p ) . Some people like that, but I took off the wheel and realized my rear hubs were on backwards. No big deal really, just thought I would throw that out there if anyone notices the same thing.
Something to check for.Good info.

csp1971

Contributor
I missed the key word "carrier". The hub carrier was on wrong.

JayV3rc

What do you mean they where backwards cause I noticed mine are the same way did you just swap sides (right to left)(left to right) or something different did that fix your problem

csp1971

Contributor
JayV3rc said:
What do you mean they where backwards cause I noticed mine are the same way did you just swap sides (right to left)(left to right) or something different did that fix your problem
Swapping sides fixed it. The instructions show exactly how they should be - page 7.

IMG_9440.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JayV3rc

Thanks for the pics so just another quick question did you notice any difference when you changed yours or not really see I was told that the rear toe in should be there which I guess could make some sense I'm just wondering did you gain anything from the switch or can't u really tell any type of difference

Obeast44

Banned
Im pretty sure swapping around the rear hubs doesn't change the toe in. Well at least judging by the pic. Switching those hubs changes the caster angle. If you want to change the toe in change around the little black hinge pin "captures". Keep in mind im extremely sleepy, slightly intoxicated and pretty dumb, so I am probably wrong. ROFL :D

csp1971

Contributor
It changed it. The camber had to be adjusted slightly, but I still had toe in. Plus, the hub carriers were backwards based off the instructions.

Before:

IMG_9421.jpg

After:

IMG_9435.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts