• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB not moving - clutch stuck

ocy9

RCDAD said:
You are close. The metal pads slide on the two pins. The adjustment screws set the location of the pad farthest in. The rod that is on the opposite side that the servo linkage pushes, applies pressure. This squeezes the disks. Hope this helps. It is hard to describe.
yeah, it helps. it really is a weird system, but i guess it works. i just need the following info and i should be good to go.

how much gap should there be between the two brake discs

...and...

how much gap should there be between the 2nd brake disc and the metal pad held by the adjustment screws

i don't need precise measurements of course. just some tips and how i should get the proper gap.

G

I would guess about a mil each. You don't want too much play or they won't grab.

When the brakes are not engaged, it should roll freely.

ocy9

will the brake discs move into proper position themselves once the car starts running? it's a little difficult putting them on perfectly straight and with the proper gaps between the plates.

G

ocy9 said:
will the brake discs move into proper position themselves once the car starts running? it's a little difficult putting them on perfectly straight and with the proper gaps between the plates.
Yes they just kind of float between the pads.

ocy9

i'm done with the repair and put everything back together, except for this little piece. i looked over the manual and can't see anything that vaguely resembles it. does anyone know where it's supposed to go?

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

/monthly_2013_06/photo.jpg.c6a367117eadc5b1810ed2c495923739.jpg

G

It covers a small opening behind the gear cover. It's not really needed.

ocy9

thanks. it looks like it's running fine now. i'm going easy on the brakes for the next 5 or 10 runs. i was doing way too much drifting and high speed braking before all of this happened.

G

Good to hear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts