• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB giving me grief...

vortech

So my XB runs fine with the wheels off the ground (on a stand). I can rev it no problem but the minute I out it on the ground and give it gas it dies in 5 feet.

Clutch?

G

Does it roll when not running. Make sure nothing is binding. If every thing moves fairly smoothly then it most likely a tuning issue.

vortech

Yes it rolls fine....no binding. When up on the stand I can give it gas and the wheels/drivetrain move great.

Once on the ground it just stalls out.

So you think maybe its a tuning issue?

G

Yeah, sounds like it. Also could be an air leak. What are your current carb settings?

G

I would try to richen up the low and raise the idle a tad with the idle stop screw. You might also want to check your plug. It can tell you how you've been running.

G

When it's on the ground does it look like it wants to take off early?

vortech

No it seems to idle fine. If I put it on my stand, I can rev it and the wheels move no problem. However, once I put it on the ground and give it gas, it dies out within 5 feet.

SWD

Check the clutch carrier (the part the shoes attach to). I've seen the screw that holds it to the crank come loose and allow the crank to spin and not the carrier. Usually when the spring is stretched the wheels will move when you pull the motor over with the pullstart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts