• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB Gear Plate

csp1971

Contributor
Anyone have this happen?

I'm not sure why, but the part that holds the bearing in place (B/C gears) broke.

I replaced it with a spare MT gear plate which fit just fine.

IMAG0488.jpg

foxys

You did better then me. The bearing seized on mine and shattered the whole plate. All aluminum now. :)

csp1971

Contributor
foxys said:
You did better then me. The bearing seized on mine and shattered the whole plate. All aluminum now. :)
Ugh. I think I'm going to run the MT plate and when Demon comes out with the belt drive or two speed, I'll go with one of those.

Did you get the TT/MT plate or the one specific to the XB/XT?

My bearings were still smooth though, but I guess the heat was too much for the plate to take.

DustyR3825

Banned
I've been lucky not to have thatz happen. My only issue with the gear plate is stripped screw holes. I am on my fourth one. Debating on swapping to a aluminum one.

csp1971

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
How tight did you have the nut on the B-C gear shaft?
Not locked down tight at all, enough to keep the shaft and gears free spinning. I can always tell when that thing is too tight, nothing rolls smooth. I'm keeping that mt/tt plate on there.

Funny I didn't realize those bearings were as small as they are either. They remind me of Tamiya 1/10th scale bearings.

DemonRC

I purposly added alot of meat around our bearings so you guys can sleep better. We actually locked a tranny at WOT once and it snapped the layshaft like a twig and bent the clutchbell shaft over 30 degrees. The plate was undamaged.

ChuenouXiao

I want the 2 speed from Demon now!!! When will it be done? I notice his site doesn't have the pulley no more? Does this mean no pulley will be produce as an alternative?

DemonRC

k.jensen said:
will it be possible to buy the demonrc ally gearplate as a sparepart?
It can be purchased seperately. Just keep in mind that it's only setup to run our gears. The stock gears won't fit.

k.jensen

DemonRC said:
It can be purchased seperately. Just keep in mind that it's only setup to run our gears. The stock gears won't fit.
how about the beltdrive, do you think it would be able to fit your gearplate?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts