• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E Motor

Spriggan

Hi Guys, wondering if anyone has any experiences of track racing the XB-E on here. We in the UK are talking about upgrading our motors from the stock 980kv to something a bit better.

But as I am racing mine I am finding that the motor is getting very hot during a 10 minute hard race. In fact I'm already on my second stock motor after burning the original motor out the other week, and at the end of a ten Minute race last weekend running at stock setting the motor was too hot to touch. so cant see that lasting long.

The choices of motor we are looking at are the Castle 1717 or the Sirius 1717, or some are going for the Castle 1515.

I just wondering if anyone has experiences of fitting and running these motors?

Cheers.

XBENOOB

Spriggan said:
Hi Guys, wondering if anyone has any experiences of track racing the XB-E on here. We in the UK are talking about upgrading our motors from the stock 980kv to something a bit better.But as I am racing mine I am finding that the motor is getting very hot during a 10 minute hard race. In fact I'm already on my second stock motor after burning the original motor out the other week, and at the end of a ten Minute race last weekend running at stock setting the motor was too hot to touch. so cant see that lasting long.

The choices of motor we are looking at are the Castle 1717 or the Sirius 1717, or some are going for the Castle 1515.

I just wondering if anyone has experiences of fitting and running these motors?

Cheers.
Some guys here are having great success with the Castle 1717... I had the Castle 1515, and it was very fast (Police radar clocked it at 65 mph) but the Castle 1515 will burn out either ESC or the motor (burned through 2 ESC's and 1 Motor)

I have had great success with the Leopard 5692 1360kv with the 8mm shaft haven't burned the motor out yet (gets just medium hot) and just burned out the ESC after 4 months..

If you get the 7075rc motor mount, Spur, and the pinion you could get some nice speeds and still have control..

Others have the Leopard 5698...

There are several choices.. It all depends on your budget....

Spriggan

I was looking at the Leopard 5692 myself, but was put off by some peoples opinion of them. But dare say they are all much the same when it comes down to it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts