• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB-E motor specs

Dirtconvert

I am still amazed at how short of runtimes everyone is getting. I do not race so I can only assume you are running at close to full throttle all the time? With bashing around I get an avg of 52 minutes with Turnigy NanoTech 3s 6000mah batts. I get close to 40 minutes with stock batteries. I run the Mamba.Monster 2200 motor and until recently the matching esc.

Obeast44

Banned
Run times can vary greatly depending on driving style, ESC settings and countless other things. When I run, for the lack of a better term, I am balls to the wall. I get about 15min per 5000mah at 6s with the 1717. I also have my LVC set rather conservatively as well.

Ron E

Contributor
Kaz the Minotaur said:
I think thats a good run time.This may be sacriledge but I never cared for the 40 + minute runs time from the gassers.
I agree, i run a 1/2 tank thru the tt and i'm good... same with the xb-e, e-revo, e-maxx, caldera 10e, mbx5-e... you get the point :D i run them 15-20 min, let them cool, take a break and do it again. if i run more than that i get bored and start doing crazy things and break them jus for something to do :rolleyes:

lateralrectus

I am also "WOT" or balls to the wall, if you will. Thats probably why there are several Castle 1717 corpses on my shelf.

I had also tried the speedpassion motor for the Baja conversion (which bolts right into the stock rampage mount) - this motor with the stock esc, 10/41 gearing, and 6S was very fast, but also ran very hot. I think the speedpassion is a 1750kv, or something like that.

The combo of the Leopard 1090, Castle XL, and 12/48 gearing has been perfect so far. In addition to the electronic upgrades, my diff fluid is brand spankin new and I have new bearings throughout the car (thanks goes out to Dirtconvert for the latter!). I also have an Infinite esc (capable of 10S) whick I may try with either the Leopard 730 or the Castle 2028. Dan at Kershaw has a new mount (out in August) which will put a 2028 in the rampage: more news as events warrant...

I have a 28.5cc in my Baja with stock gearing and the current rampage makes it look like it is sitting still.

Anyone noting a big difference between the Turnigy regular batts vs the nano-tech?

Dirtconvert

lateralrectus said:
I am also "WOT" or balls to the wall, if you will. Thats probably why there are several Castle 1717 corpses on my shelf.I had also tried the speedpassion motor for the Baja conversion (which bolts right into the stock rampage mount) - this motor with the stock esc, 10/41 gearing, and 6S was very fast, but also ran very hot. I think the speedpassion is a 1750kv, or something like that.

The combo of the Leopard 1090, Castle XL, and 12/48 gearing has been perfect so far. In addition to the electronic upgrades, my diff fluid is brand spankin new and I have new bearings throughout the car (thanks goes out to Dirtconvert for the latter!). I also have an Infinite esc (capable of 10S) whick I may try with either the Leopard 730 or the Castle 2028. Dan at Kershaw has a new mount (out in August) which will put a 2028 in the rampage: more news as events warrant...

I have a 28.5cc in my Baja with stock gearing and the current rampage makes it look like it is sitting still.

Anyone noting a big difference between the Turnigy regular batts vs the nano-tech?
We were doing speed runs with a friends newly built E revo last night and ran standard Turnigy and Nano Techs. Noticably more punch with Nano tech and we netted 4 mph faster top speed with lower temps. Also, we have done the puncture test with nano techs and got only puffs of smoke from the battery versus a full blown volcano of death from standard lipos.

Obeast44

Banned
The nano techs are the way to go if you can afford them. They are LifePo4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) which are inherently safer than standard lithium polymer. If I didnt have plenty of Lipos already I would consider running them.

I looked at running some Headway cells in my XB-E but I couldn't find a size that was appropriate for my needs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts