• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

X-series dune runner

crazyfast

I thought I wanted to turn my XT into a lighter/faster MT, but found it to be top heavy... Or I was just wanting to take to many sharp turns lol. I began to go the opposite direction and turned it into 2wd and grabbed a cheap crawler body off ebay. I just haven't ever been a fan of the XB bodies and the dune runners aren't so great on a track... So here's what I call an X-series dune runner lol

Not as fast as the HPI Dune Runners but blows away my brothers XT

imagejpg3_zps7575f724.jpg

imagejpg2_zps1e8ea570.jpg

jackson

does that wing mount fit the rampage mt/tt???

cs49230

The TT wing mount is much different, see pics. I like the sweeping wing mount you have. Looks like it is all mounted to the shock tower. I have to remove the rear bumper and change a few mount screws to use this one.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=731652533542798&l=bfba8ae0e2

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=731652713542780&l=3b5aeb5aff

I am working on replacing the body with a Tim Cameron inspired roll cage in 3/8" steel tube. Still sourcing materials and working on mock up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent_chaos

I wonder if the wing helps in creating a major downforce with a running speed of 30-40mph on sand. I have seen a lot of 5th scale sandrails who ditch it

cs49230

You can adjust the angle of the wing for downforce. I do see a difference in stability on tenth scale buggy. I haven't played with the wing yet on large scale. Besides to me it will look better when it goes down in flames. Problem will be catching it on film.

BertR

Silent_chaos said:
I wonder if the wing helps in creating a major downforce with a running speed of 30-40mph on sand. I have seen a lot of 5th scale sandrails who ditch it
I run the sand a lot and to be honest I see no difference with or with out the wing at wide open.

phreerider

Silent_chaos said:
at 30-40mph an appreciable amount of force can be created....the trade off is power and drag. its all drag so it requires power to carry around, its quicker(sprint) without it for sure. at peak speeds(offroad) say 40 the backend really can start bouncing around so it can keep things down with some pressure at that point so its help is there but i think marginal ... tarmac/track all air pressure applies at respective scale. definitely pilot preference esp, with some sensitive units. kinda comes down to SHOW and/or SERIOUS GO...like F1

IMHO, the wing on an XB in varying offroad conditions is better repurposed as mud flap /rock guard...as seen here

but thats just me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts