• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

wtf moment!!

GoffeeRedCat

I was running my truck and it all of a sudden dies!! I figured I'm outta gas and put more in and switched out the battery pack....I notice that I had a lot of oil leaking on the back of the engine and on the fuel tank!! Where could it be leaking from?

Heres a pic

http://db.tt/2ASFJAx2

GoffeeRedCat

And also after I put more gas in it wouldn't start!! It couldn't hold idle....what's the setting for the idle needle?? I had to put it almost all the way down!!!

G

Just to keep things clear. Rich & Lean refer to the amount of fuel to air. A higher concentration of oil does not mean richer.

Is your carb at the base settings. 1 1/4 low needle / 1 1/2 high needle.

Leaning the low needle will raise the idle.

Your leak looks like it could be coming from the exhaust manifold or the silicon coupling.

REVOlutionary Rampage

It sounds like you might have blown a head gasket. I's just a guess so anyone else please chime in. I'm thinking that if it wont hold a vaccum or compression there is a leak. Or, there is a blowout of a gasket. I would also check your tune settings, and exhaust bolts.this is just to see if it is a tune and exhaust leak or indeed a gasket blowout.

GoffeeRedCat

RCDAD said:
Just to keep things clear. Rich & Lean refer to the amount of fuel to air. A higher concentration of oil does not mean richer. Is your carb at the base settings. 1 1/4 low needle / 1 1/2 high needle.

Leaning the low needle will raise the idle.

Your leak looks like it could be coming from the exhaust manifold or the silicon coupling.
It does look like the exhaust manifold!! It's going straight down on to the chassis too!! But should the idle needle be almost all the way mashed? Lol

GoffeeRedCat

REVOlutionary Rampage said:
It sounds like you might have blown a head gasket. I's just a guess so anyone else please chime in. I'm thinking that if it wont hold a vaccum or compression there is a leak. Or, there is a blowout of a gasket. I would also check your tune settings, and exhaust bolts.this is just to see if it is a tune and exhaust leak or indeed a gasket blowout.
That's what I'm thinking too!! Won't even start if it was a headgasket...but it can sort of the idle needle is almost all the way down ...but I got a feeling that just backed off

G

GoffeeRedCat said:
It does look like the exhaust manifold!! It's going straight down on to the chassis too!! But should the idle needle be almost all the way mashed? Lol
It's your tune. Start by getting to the base setting. Before you start.

Check to see if your plug is fouled. You might want to leave it out for awhile, you could be flooded.

The idle screw should just barely touch.

GoffeeRedCat

Ok so I called the local hobby shop by me (not hobbytown) the techinitian that worked my truck said the idle screw walked out on him while he was diagnosing it!! Could that be possible?? Or is this guy yanking my chain??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts