• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

WTF is this sh!T !!!!!!!!

laganm21

Ok my buddy k20 94 DC as having problem with the gear mesh on C&D gears, so I took a look at the problem, and come to find out that the flange on the D shaft, the coupler that joins the 2 piece D shaft togeather is bent, and guess what its made out of aluminum (WTF!!!!!!!!!!) I am Fu$kin pissed why would somebody in there right mind make this extremely important part out of aluminum , sorry guys im just venting but dam come on now, I have herd of the problem on here before but it has never happen to me till now and i fell your pain, i am just pissed!!!!! so if you guy could help me out is there a fix for this, or our we stuck with a aluminum coupler for the D shaft ( might as well use bubble gum and sting) lol

Martin

I don't understand myself the engineering idea behing this piece, the design is ''acceptable'', but not in aluminum, quantity $$ over quality.........

Some guy don't have much problem with that part, but for general customer this is a joke...!!

laganm21

I agree this should be a steel part, I don't want to buy and ALUM one again, I going to go to my machaineist this week and see what i can come up with but in steel

hamster huey

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=1511&page=2Check out post #18 with pictures.I had a lot of doubters on that thread but it seems I was one of the first to wear the crap out of my ramps and now a few more are coming forward. You know what though I got it worked out to where I have to tighten a set screw on the D shaft every tank or two. I can live with that. The biggest thing is checking the set screws, make sure the bearings don't have slop, make sure the gear mesh is good, and use spring on the linkage to soft brake especially. 100_1054.jpg

/monthly_2010_01/100_1054.jpg.72626fbcf56cac11cb7cbac233376bc2.jpg

laganm21

SO have we not solved this problem yet ? what really suck is that on monday I am buying a set of MOO'S new diff cups that moo had come up with so they can handle the power and now I run in to this problem with the D shaft I mean what's next ?

hamster huey

For me its no big deal. I just keep an eye on it and tighten it when it gets slightly loose every 1-2 tanks. Is yours worse than that? Someone on here welded theirs.

laganm21

I know ya hate about people talking about NITROS but i learned my lesson on the last one i had, I had a stock .15 traxxas tmaxx i got, and it had the Big block conversion frame so i started building the truck With the big block, and i ran into all kinds of hell with driveline issues, but they made fixes for the problem i was having, ( HINT redcat) but i spend some money and got i going right, so all im saying is that do they expect us to run the stock 23cc engine with 9lb tires on the rig and be happy (hell no) its a turd , these issues im haveing need a fix ASAP i really thinging of putting mine up for sale !!!!!

hamster huey

These seem to be the best setups for durability:

MT: 23,26,28.5 unmodded engine, no power pipe, stock gears, mt tires

TT: 23,26,28.5 unmodded engine, power pipe, stock gears, buggy tires

I think those are some hot setups even on a track. It seems like the mt should be under 3.5-4 horse (including pipe) and the TT under 5 horse (with pipe). Maybe thats just me? When the new batch of hopups come out is everyone going to complain the Ramp cant handle 64cc? Yes it can be stonger, but............what is the goal? How much power is enough for a 4wd 1/5? The next step is brushless for the most power and I don't think it can be done reliably for under $4,000.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
That part should have not been made in aluminum. Thats for sure. But I do agree with ya Hamster Huey, some of the power these motors produce its gonan be rough keeping them running hehe

itd be fine in aluminum if theyd make the D shaft one solid piece :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts