• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Worst Luck

max 1

I am having the worst luck with pipes.my side dom cracked,right at the flang so i,am haveing it welded up good,2 jet pros and now a dom,

Sprint 77

Contributor
Chassis flex is bad on these 4x4 's try running the front support braket for the pipe with a locknut and not tightening up all the way just make sure you got at least two threads out of nut. Maybe even a piece of rubber between the braket and frame. See if that dosen't help you out.

Sounds like your pipe is acting as a brace.

max 1

I HAVE BOTH RUBBER GROMENT IN BETWEN mounting brackets,and i just bearly sqish the rubber groumets,and i d,nt jump with it just rouny round.my tgn fine vcr pipe on dunrunner 2 peices.to mucth horse power reed 30.5 thing is crazy. ps i only hope.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Well horsepower does change your luck on breaking things, On any RC vehicle . With the mega chassis flex and to much HP sounds like you will continue finding week links.

Obeast44

Banned
Chassis flex is the biggest enemy of the Rampage. I would be willing to be its the cause of the majority of issues with them. I think a one piece plate design upfront would fix the majority of the flex/torsion their. Perhaps a more solid fuel tank mount/rear brace would help as well.

max 1

Ijust made me brace fore the rear .out of some scrap metel i had in the shop.i,ll see if this takes car of that problem or not.

max 1

PS my sqish clerence is 12 thousence.warm .should get heder back to day.let u all now how the bracing helps ,snowing lighty right now ,in denver co.calls fore crapy weakend. :eek:

Sprint 77

Contributor
max 1 said:
PS my sqish clerence is 12 thousence.warm .should get heder back to day.let u all now how the bracing helps ,snowing lighty right now ,in denver co.calls fore crapy weakend. :eek:
What is your exaust port timing set at? You want to try to stay under 180 *

max 1

YES i look,d in at the piston and it,s a litte brown so will change it back this week end .my dual stering kit will be hear tomarrow ,give me somthing to this weak end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts