• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Worlds biggest sets of go-nads.

alfred e numan

Go to you-tube. enter --- Isle of man tt onboard. turn up the volume. You may find a motorcycle thats not really high rpm. This is a dukati - poor spelling.grrr- It gets real loud when the throttle is twisted - but seems overly quiet when the throttle is backed off. good chance its a desmotronic engine- this is a 4 stroke with reprocating valves like all the rest- but, it has NO camshaft. Uses levers - gears -linkages. Its a torque monster. really shines on damp conditions linear torque curve. Merry ol England is not that far away-- it would be unforgettable.

Michaels12

I've followed the IOM TT for years. It's the true pinnacle of motorcycle racing.

I think David Jeffries was one of the greatest. John McGuiness is the man for sure!

I would have liked to see Guy Martin win the seniors on the mountain course, and who knows maybe this is his year.

I sometimes have dreams like the onboard camera shows, but they are just dreams.. My ZX12R is a bit heavy in the corners :)

Thanks for your post and for those unfamiliar with the IOM TT, it should be quite a treat.

phreerider

love IOM! apex racing no doubt!

cool mechanics, how about the oval pistons bikes with had the strangest hum. cool stuff!

Phill

alfred e numan said:
Go to you-tube. enter --- Isle of man tt onboard. turn up the volume. You may find a motorcycle thats not really high rpm. This is a dukati - poor spelling.grrr- It gets real loud when the throttle is twisted - but seems overly quiet when the throttle is backed off. good chance its a desmotronic engine- this is a 4 stroke with reprocating valves like all the rest- but, it has NO camshaft. Uses levers - gears -linkages. Its a torque monster. really shines on damp conditions linear torque curve. Merry ol England is not that far away-- it would be unforgettable.
Yes Alfred Ducati have run Desmo engines since the 70's.

They have always made great handling bikes but seem to be lacking in top speed.

The torque is incredible though.

The IOM riders are all insane I reckon.

Personally I prefer the Jap 4 cylinders.

I have a ZZR 1100 (ZX11 in the states) and love the sound of 4 cyls at 11,000 rpm

alfred e numan

Phill said:
Yes Alfred Ducati have run Desmo engines since the 70's.They have always made great handling bikes but seem to be lacking in top speed.

The torque is incredible though.

The IOM riders are all insane I reckon.

Personally I prefer the Jap 4 cylinders.

I have a ZZR 1100 (ZX11 in the states) and love the sound of 4 cyls at 11,000 rpm
These riders have so much natural talent, its just a normal part of there life. Myself, I am an off road guy started @ 6 years old- now 55 in march. ktm-s pentons- bsa- all the asian -cr500, kx 500- then the new wave thumpers. Being down under, you know what this is-- my new project bike is a WR-200. case reed- servo controlled power valve- 6 speed. steep steering angle. 26 degrees!! strip frame- blast powder coat- engine- suspension- rebuild it. This is a great little mount for what i call putt and explore mode on " damm i wish i were somewhere else" type trails!! I used to say to the sunday morinig wrecking crew at the trail head-- no one gets a break until we all start to dry heave-- puke. lol!!

Ildy666

+1 on that alfred.we use to head out in the morning and ride all day into night sometimes we stayed up all night in the woods then rode back in daylight.providing all the bikes r still running...lol...and getting back to old thumpers my buddy had a maico 501 in high school what a torque monster.I can see why they used them for hill climbs snap the throttle and hold on....

Phill

alfred e numan said:
These riders have so much natural talent, its just a normal part of there life. Myself, I am an off road guy started @ 6 years old- now 55 in march. ktm-s pentons- bsa- all the asian -cr500, kx 500- then the new wave thumpers. Being down under, you know what this is-- my new project bike is a WR-200. case reed- servo controlled power valve- 6 speed. steep steering angle. 26 degrees!! strip frame- blast powder coat- engine- suspension- rebuild it. This is a great little mount for what i call putt and explore mode on " damm i wish i were somewhere else" type trails!! I used to say to the sunday morinig wrecking crew at the trail head-- no one gets a break until we all start to dry heave-- puke. lol!!
They're talented alright but I still reckon they're a brick short of a load.

I'm 60 - started at 19 on a Suzuki 550GT 3 cyl 2 stroke.

It was an incredibly fast bike in it's day

Never been much for trail riding but can appreciate what you're building.

Those reed valves sure make a difference.

I've uploaded another IOM clip to here

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8hnrcn

Insane clip with great music - well worth the download

alfred e numan

Thanks for posting the movie. Kawasaki made 3 sizes of 2 stroke triples -road bikes long ago, 350-500-750. never rode one but they sounded great- something about a 3 banger engine- Yea, every rider on a race like this has on his mind and has to block it out of his thoughts to be able to consontrate on the track, is cats-dogs, assorted farm animals- deer- when a body knows its gonna get hurt- racers mistake- every thing goes into slow motion- sorta like a movie in a way-- this is the minds way of sorta shutting down to increase chances of living tru whats gonna happen, when something jumps in the riders path out of the blue-- this slow motion does not occur. it greatly increases the chances of not surviving. -- yup- i still get a kick out of watching the greatist show on earth-- isle of man tt !!!

Phill

Yep I've ridden the 750 Kwaka back in the day

They had a problem in seizing the centre cylinder because the front wheel blocked the air flow

Suzuki made their 750 water cooled and overcame the problem

The Suzuki 380 & 550 had a scoop on top of the head to shovel air into the centre

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts