• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Won't start

CFDchimera

Ok just got my chimera and I'm having some issues. I was doing the breaking in and the low end mixture screw vibrated off. Now I can't get the engine to turn over. I ordered the drill start kit so hopefully that will help, but until that arrives I've been itching to get this broken in and on the road. I've checked and double checked any suggestions?

Mycbr6rr

CFDchimera said:
Ok just got my chimera and I'm having some issues. I was doing the breaking in and the low end mixture screw vibrated off. Now I can't get the engine to turn over. I ordered the drill start kit so hopefully that will help, but until that arrives I've been itching to get this broken in and on the road. I've checked and double checked any suggestions?
Did you put the low end screw back in and set it to factory settings 1 1/4turn out ,will it not turn over or just not start,and I think the high needle is 2 1/2 turns out if I remember correctly.

G

HSN should be at 1 1/2 out.

Mycbr6rr

No it should still turn over ,it don't sound good,something is either stuck in the flywheel or something broke. Are you using any type of pre filters?

CFDchimera

There is a filter on there it was idling fine then just cut off and couldn't get it started after that. It pulls out fine and sounds like it wants to start but it just won't stay. It's weird.

Mycbr6rr

CFDchimera said:
There is a filter on there it was idling fine then just cut off and couldn't get it started after that. It pulls out fine and sounds like it wants to start but it just won't stay. It's weird.
So it does turn over . Try putting a new sparkplug in it ,it might be fouled

CFDchimera

Yea I shoulda worded that better. It will turn over but won't stay. With choke I will get the sign that it's time to turn off choke then the first one or two pulls it sounds like it wants to run and then nada.

crazyfast

Pull it for bit, then take the spark plug out. Is the spark plug wet?

Next, hold the spark plug against the cylinder head and pull it to check for spark.

CFDchimera

Well it's dinner time and the gotta spend some time with wife and kids. Gonna take it to work tomorrow and play a bit. Thanks for the tips fellas.

vmark

This happen to me the first days, in my case I flooded the engine many times.

I replaced the spark plug with a new one, checked for sparks, then put it back and two pulls with the choke set and the third pull without the choke the engine started.

Since then, I always start the engine without any problems

hope this helps

CFDchimera

Ok changed plugs and checked for spark, I have a spark. Spinning crank with killer rc drill start and still nothing. Used choke and then turned it of and still nothing. Getting frustrated here.

G

Is the plug wet?

CFDchimera

The first plug was black and didn't try it again. The second plug was dry when I pulled it out after the first 2 attempts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts