• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Won't Start

Stygian

Banned
Ok I got my MT back together and put on the new 990 carb but the truck will not start it's getting spark, it's not flooded the gas cap is off to make sure it's getting venting. Any ideas on how to get it started since there's no choke?

Sergio

This is how i start mine.

1. Prime it. Turn everything on

2.pull The pullstart cable slow(not trying to start it)

3.press The gas trigger 2or 3 time

4.pull The pullstart cable like you would when trying to get started.

That does it For me hope it helps.

Another thing you can do is put a plastic bag covering air filter to choke it then pull The cable till it pops .

jwoods81

Have you adjusted your carb correctly? It's hard to tell since it is not running but after a few 1/4 turns on the adjusters I got mine running and then tuned her better from there.

If you think all that is correct have you tried turning your throttle up a little on the receiver while trying to start?

blak__jak

make sure you didn't accidentally reverse the fuel lines. believe me you wouldn't be the first person to do so, me among them, and that will cause a no start situation. if all else fails I use a little squirt of quick start on my 990's to get them going without choke. the carbs don't always come adjusted properly from the factory but 1 1/2 out on the lsn and 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 on the hsn should get you going. one other thing worth mentioning is did you install the gasket correctly. it's possible to put it on upside down and cover the small pulse hole between the carb and motor.

Stygian

Banned
Yeah when I put the filter on it started all on its own after a few pulls

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts