• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Winter Storage

307_Proud

I have the 32cc MT its already been out of commission for some time now, due to the steering servos burnt out. I do start the Truck every once in awhile to clear the engine and get some fresh oil in there. I live in northern SD and temps do fall below 0*f often during the winter. I keep the truck in my uninsulated garage. I put about an ounce of Stabil in the last can of gas and ran about half that 1 gallon can down before the servos puked on me. Im just curious if there is anything else I can do? Bring the radio and batteries inside during the cold months? At most cost, Id prefer to keep the truck outside, due to its shear size

I'd just leave it alone for the winter after changing the oil and giving it a good clean over the entire chassis. I see no need to start it during the winter months. I treat my like a weed eater...since a weed eater is not used in the winter time.

Good luck!!

307_Proud

Makes alot of sense. I havent started mine since the temps have been below 50 degrees. What about as far as the batteries go? I keep good rechargeable AA's for the transmitter. Receiver packs? How do the low temps affect the life span if they are not in use?

RampageHopUps

Cold temps are easier on batteries, most racers store them in the refrigerator.

I have 140 degrees in the summer garage, so it kills my batteries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts