• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Will a Nomadio React receiver fit?

Kaz the Minotaur

Does anyone know if a Nomadio React receiver will fit in the battery box? I am looking at a used Nomadio React

IMADMAN

Yes the battery box is HUGE!!!!!!!!, I'm gonna replace mine though since i''l be running a dual steering set-up, so i'll need the space.

flint mann

yes it will i have one and have used it in both my rampage and my baja

kryptonite

that is a REALLY good radio!! you can set up on-board tach and temp sensors and other things too. it comes up right on your radio! hope you get it

mooman007uk

Banned
The react is an awesome radio I like the rx battery telemetry...the handset beeps and vibrates when it's getting low, and fast isn't the word...touch the controls and the car reacts instantly, great range too. The rx fits in the fg battery box also, I've one in my fgbaja, i've got 2 5745's coming for dual steering set up on my mt and am using an fg/fh box for it.

Kaz the Minotaur

Thats good to hear. You set the radio up via USB cable and computer. The telemetry will be handy. I guess you can use Spektrum receivers with it also.

What kind of battery plug does the RX take? Just a regular JST?

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
Yep, you can use spektrum receivers...i was using a 3000 but just sold it and bought another nomadio one, no battery monitor with the spektrum and not as fast.

you can change everything with the software, button allocation, mixes etc etc.

only drawback with nomadio at the moment is their customer service...a bit iffy and slow....Dubya's war took up all their resources as they make guidance systems for the US military...hopefully they'll soon be able to get back to helping us guys out a bit quicker when we need it.

Kaz the Minotaur

I was reading up a bit and some people report that some of the Spektrum receivers loose bind with the React.

What is the RX battery plug like?

You've not had any glitching with yours in the 1/5 scale gassers?

mooman007uk

Banned
the react has to use the beta mode to work with the spektrum instead of the standard mode, i didn't have any problems with it losing bind but setting the failsafe is hit and miss...more miss actually. It's a bit of a compromise really with the software patch that's why I bought another nomadio receiver, for $99cdn I thought it was a worthwhile purchase to have glitch free set up.

The rx battery plug is same as spektrum, 2 or 3 pin plugs work fine

mooman007uk

Banned
by themselves, I had the rpm sensor and temp but sold em, the rpm one is an impractical set up using 3 magnets...no where to put them that'll work properly and don't need to know the temp..if the plug's choco brown all is good. There is no sensor for batt it's built in the rx

kryptonite

it depends on how much patiance you have to install the set-up. the rpm sensor will really help with your tuning. its easer to put them on our 5th scale then on a 10th scale nitro. but they are common at the 5th scale on-road track.. i would say a good place to install is on the center shaft drive cups. you have to glue these little magnets down and run some heat shrink over it. then bend a small brackit to mount the sensor. it is kind of a pain. but trully a cool factor. i havent really examined the install, but i have noticed the on-road guys run them on the rear diffs or on the side of the diff gears. i also saw "ONE" set-up on a 5b. i would imagine that dirt and mudd would be an issue. the sensor runs just mm's over the magnets. not sure how practical it is for OFF ROAD USE.. even with out the sensors, the nomadia is still one of the best radios out there in my opinion

mooman007uk

Banned
thing is kryp if the rpm sensor is geared down by the drive train how do you get accurate engine rpm...that's why I sold it, I figured the only place to put them would be on the clutch bell for a 1:1 reading, I believe you can enter the drivetrain ratios into the handset though to extrapolate for 1:1

I really do like the rx battery telemetry though...no more onboard voltmeters that you can't see when your driving around.

I agree the react is one of the best out there, especially for the price, closest 4ch would be the 4pk which is nearly 2x the price

kryptonite

mooman007uk said:
thing is kryp if the rpm sensor is geared down by the drive train how do you get accurate engine rpm...that's why I sold it, I figured the only place to put them would be on the clutch bell for a 1:1 reading, I believe you can enter the drivetrain ratios into the handset though to extrapolate for 1:1
I really do like the rx battery telemetry though...no more onboard voltmeters that you can't see when your driving around.

I agree the react is one of the best out there, especially for the price, closest 4ch would be the 4pk which is nearly 2x the price
no moo. you set it by the rotation. you program it in, then do one full turn so the magnet does a full rotation. and it calibrates itself. the rpms will get thrown off thru tire ballooning but thats not an issue for us, mainly the 2wd buggies. the clutch wouldnt be a good place couse it will melt the glue.. i don't think its a super great idea and i don't know how much the sensor is, and i personelly see no real need for it other then its freakin cool!!(would be nice on my up and comeing redcat on-road!!)

kryptonite

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Well I might have just lucked out this time then... :)
What about installing it on the flywheel somewhere?
could try, but too close to the ignition and there is a sensor that you also have to get in there. it works just like a speedo for a bicycle. you also don't need to run all 3 magnets. 2 will work just fine. i would say a ggod place would be on the center drive cups.

mooman007uk

Banned
kryptonite said:
no moo. you set it by the rotation. you program it in, then do one full turn so the magnet does a full rotation. and it calibrates itself. the rpms will get thrown off thru tire ballooning but thats not an issue for us, mainly the 2wd buggies. the clutch wouldnt be a good place couse it will melt the glue.. i don't think its a super great idea and i don't know how much the sensor is, and i personelly see no real need for it other then its freakin cool!!(would be nice on my up and comeing redcat on-road!!)
Yeah you're right, you can dial it in...i sold my sensor for $20 NIP, and yep it's a cool add on for the fonz but I'm about as cool as Ralph:D...I just like breaking stuff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts