• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Why Do You RC?

hamster huey

I love tinkering, engines, mechanical things, effeciency, noise, and power. I really want a 91 Mustang 5.0 LX 5 speed Notchback with under 60k miles and then I want to build it my way. Cost $15,000 to $20,000! plus insurance plus tags plus maintenance....... No thanks! So when I finally had some hobby money I got an rc car, a XL1 rustler and upgraded the crap out of it. I learned so much from that first car, devoured any and all information about any and all rc cars even ones I had no interest in owning. Almost 3 years later I have had over 88 different ones and learned something from each one. My collection currently has 3 complete ones and 3 incomplete ones. I love building, driving, improving, and inventing. My rc collection when completed with support equipment is still less than 1/3 the cost of the mustang with no insurance or tags to pay and Rc has better resale value than the car I wanted to build.

kryptonite

thats pretty interesting. i rc becouse if i don't, i'd probly be dead or in jail. i enjoyed it as a child, but gave it up for what i thought were better things.. one day somebody said "get a freakin hobby".. i just happened to be listening that day, so i went to the hobby store and bought 2 revo's. i missed 3 days worth of meetings, so my sponsor came over and expected to see me in a complete state of disarray. but instead i was elbow deep in 2 rigs covered in mud and my house smelled like nitro fuel. ive been on the "good" path ever since that day. on may 16th i'll have 4 years. hence my screen name "kryptonite".. anything thats not rcing is like kryptonite to me.

monsterman

I rc to keep myself busy and because I enjoy it have since I was a little kid. I have messed with rc's since I can remember but about 8 years ago my health started to really decline and I really picked it back up.. Now its FULL BLOWN and all I do aside from eat and sleep and float around cyber space..

kryptonite

monsterman said:
Now its FULL BLOWN and all I do aside from eat and sleep and float around cyber space..
what do you mean now? you've been full blown for years!!! i also rc every day. weather its on the forums or in my hobby room. if im not working, im rcing. my wife also has an everyday hobby and has her own group of forums, so we just combined the hobbycomputer rooms so we can still spend time together. works out great for us..

pipeous

I used to play hockey a lot. I rc'd for many years but hockey was my first priority. Until the injuries made it no fun. I was a goalie and the gear was more expensive than building a 5th scale, so coming back to racing was not a big deal.... and it doesn't hurt.

I have a broken collarbone from a puck that grows wierd now, broken ribs, fingers, a 7 inch scar on my head where a puck shattered my mask and cracked my skull, dented shin from crappy pads, bad ankle, but the concussions were what finally made me stop. I got hit by my own defenseman trying to run a guy away from the net when I poke checked, I caught his knee behind my ear and near tore my head off. it was my 4th concussion and I lost my vision (everything went black with my eyes open for about 4 minutes)... and stupid me played in the all star game a week later and got hit similar again. my balance was off for a long time and depression kicked in, to the point of feeling suicidal... it was scary. I am a positive have fun guy. I woke up the next morning with my face stuck to the pillow because my nose had bled all night. 3 days in bed drinking water and taking pills as I couldn't even sit up without being sick..

I miss hockey for sure... oh ya forgot the dislocating rib. had someone jump on my back in the playoffs when I covered the puck and dislocated a rib and tore the cartilage. I still need surgery to fix that one as it dislocates a couple times a week now at least lol

yup, rc doesn't hurt like that. we did win 2 division 1 championships in the 10 yrs I played goal for them and we went to the national roller hockey tournament once where we lost to the canadian champs, by the time we tried that we were all old farts LOL and no pro players, just a bunch of guys, so we felt we did pretty good. grr now I miss hockey again

Last edited by a moderator:

csp1971

Contributor
It's cheaper than modding a real car, no insurance, etc.

After sitting in a cube all day at work, I have to keep my hands busy aside from pecking away on a keyboard.

flint mann

cause the ole lady doesn't like it when I get drunk and chase wimmen lol If I'm spendin on the rc then I don't have the cash to hit the pub

max 1

I rc becase ito licke to tinker ,and i licke to be out in the garag.not botherd by phones and cutumers.wanting ther cars fixed. and i work on vmaxes.ive got a supper chargd max.what a rush that is.

M

magnum57

This thread is Awesome. Why do you RC. I love the reasons we RC. I think it’s great we can be so honest and telling things that we probably would like to forget but its all part of our lives and the reasons are all so different. I bought a CEN Genisus 4 yrs ago and it was all over. My son and I are so addicted it’s sick. I’m Magnum57 because my first RC boat was a WHH 57” deep V boat. All my RC’s are in the gallery at RC Universe. Check em out. Well 50 RC’s later still have some, sold others and loven every minute of it. Keeps me out of the bars and runnen a muck. This hobby has been great for my Son and me to learn a lot about wrenching. Keep up the good work RC Bro’s

Clubin

Banned
I like it for the smae reasons most of you do.

Relaxation

the chalange

it is cheaper than alot of my other hobbies

Great opporatunity to get out with the biddies to bash

387mudslinger

Contributor
why do i rc,when i was a small boy i went to my uncels house and i would ask hem to start one of his many rc plane motors.and he gladly did so and i would get the biggies kick out of it and when i was 9 i put my first plane together and had a car and 2 jeeps that had a .07 that run on nitro and just went straight or in a circle.and i continued on with it until a short time after i got married and then she didn't like it the time i was spending on it and so onso i got out of it. we WERE married a long time. and 4 years ago we split and i have been making up for last time and now i have some one in my life that,s all for rc's and down for a good race it makes it even more fun to in joy

hamster huey

They do keep us out of the worst trouble and for some of us they are an anti-drug. :) They are also alot safer than say, hockey. :)A guy at my work used to motocross until he shattered his leg to bits in a crash. He soon quit and got into RC. I notice offroad RC and motocross go hand in hand for a lot of people.

Piranha2

Contributor
After a few years of electric boats and trucks I got my Warehouse Hobbies Magnum57 and I was sold on the gassers. I spent alot on that boat and recovered half, some of which I applied to my Rampage. Now I don't need to wait till summer and I don't need a rescue boat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rammer

My RC Hobby gives me an excuse to get on the lawn mower,and cut the grass.......SHORT..........LOL...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................RRRRR...O**O..... :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts