• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

who's on first

blak__jak

I been messing with r/c's for a lot of years now and have always made it a practice to turn on the t/x first than the r/x and than when shutting down turning r/x off before the t/x. this has always made since to me especially with things like r/c helis where if you turn on the bird first without t/x control it can spin up and be gone in a heartbeat. the reason i'm asking is my buddy just got a new m/t and a sticker on the t/x and another on the radio box says just the opposite. have I been wrong all these years or is this some kind of misprint?

Ildy666

+1 on what u have been doing i do the same.i wouldnt put to much thought into the sticker because when i got my mt the manual they sent me was for a nitro buggy so i don't really think they have a good literature distrubution center...lol...

blak__jak

yea I know what your saying about the manual. thing is I had little doubt that I was wrong but this is my buddies first r/c and he tends to believe what he reads rather than what he hears so I was hoping to get as many responses to this question as possible so I can let him read for himself.

Dreggsta

i will say tho, w/the kille bee, it would also be fine to turn the tx off 1st too. always, always & i taught my son this. tx 1st then rx.

blak__jak

thanks for the come backs. the more the better. this old redneck hillbilly buddy might take some convincing. he's one of those guys that figures that if redcat made it than they should know what their talking about. I tried pointing out the made in china label but he still wasn't convinced.

blak__jak

i kill my d/r's motor by shutting down the t/x momentarily but turn it right back on until i shutdown the r/x. of course i mean i do it this way because it is equipped with a killer bee switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

sanos

classic!

blak__jak

sanos that's where the thread title came from. opp's I guess i'm showing my age. oh well!! still a kid at heart.

G

blak__jak said:
I been messing with r/c's for a lot of years now and have always made it a practice to turn on the t/x first than the r/x and than when shutting down turning r/x off before the t/x. this has always made since to me especially with things like r/c helis where if you turn on the bird first without t/x control it can spin up and be gone in a heartbeat. the reason i'm asking is my buddy just got a new m/t and a sticker on the t/x and another on the radio box says just the opposite. have I been wrong all these years or is this some kind of misprint?
If it says that, it is definitely a misprint. They also say 25% oil mixture. LOL

There is a lot that gets lost in translation with the factory I'm sure.

sanos

Why do you think people peels off that little sticker "made in china." It's crap!! LOL...

nik81818

Turn on remote 1st then rec. And for off i do rec first then remote

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

G

It always needs to be in the order recommended here. If the receiver is ever on when the transmitter is not, the receiver can pick up random signals and interference. That can cause anything from servo damage to a run away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts