• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

who is running baja 5t shocks on the rampage mt/tt ?

Keith81

can these work ? do you use fronts or rears all around? I think I seen a post where Rob was using these on his old truggy....

rob64n

Contributor
most use HPI VVC fronts all the way around. I cut my rear diff cups and my axles to fit the HPI rear shock kits on my MT. It handles and jumps very well..

nz420

I'm using nutec 4wd shocks,little bit of mucking around to get them right but seems to handle quite well.

d9f7462f.jpg

bc77e645.jpg

53bb76ce.jpg

waqr

Is the Baja front shocks a direct fit or do you have to do some modifications to make them fit properly?

nz420

There pretty close to a straight fit,baja fronts will go on the back of the ramp but need to be shortened(easy to do)to go on the front of the ramp,the only other issue might be clearance at the lower suspension arm but I know you can get an extended bottom balljoint(?) that is used on baja rpm arms.

3db83b12.jpg

brad1161

nz420 said:
There pretty close to a straight fit,baja fronts will go on the back of the ramp but need to be shortened(easy to do)to go on the front of the ramp,the only other issue might be clearance at the lower suspension arm but I know you can get an extended bottom balljoint(?) that is used on baja rpm arms. 3db83b12.jpg
How do you shorten them?

GTS 666

Deluge said:
I used pen tubes for my DarkSoul shafts. Whatever works.
Funny how you just find things that work. When I'm working I'm always thinking about different bits of metal or plastic parts that could always be handy or modded to fit on my cars. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts