• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

White Lithium Grease

ChuenouXiao

Hi Racers,

I'm currently using white lithium grease to lube my gears inside my differential gear box (part# 07108). What are your thoughts on this? What do you use to lube the gears here? Note that I'm not talking about the differential gears inside the gear box but the gears that are outside of the differential. Please let me know people. Thanks!

G

That will work good. You can also use it on the center dif gears.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
White lithium grease is awesome. I use it in all of my R/C diffs.
How often do I have to re-lube? Will I ever have to? Doesn't lithium grease fall off after awhile?

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Depends on how anal you are about maintenance. I inspect and lube my diffs every 5 tanks.
What does it look like after every 5 tank? Did you ever feel like you should lube it when you check it every 5 tank?

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
That will work good. You can also use it on the center dif gears.
Hey RCdad,

Is your pulley out? Your belts out? Just wondering... your site doesn't have the price so not sure... thanks...

G

Yup.

I have a few kits left, but their missing belts. I should have the belts in soon. The new kits should be available in the next 60 days or so. I should have 5 ratio sizes.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Yup. I have a few kits left, but their missing belts. I should have the belts in soon. The new kits should be available in the next 60 days or so. I should have 5 ratio sizes.
Size Ratio???????! Please explain :D and how much? I'm all about speed....please let me know...

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
What does it look like after every 5 tank? Did you ever feel like you should lube it when you check it every 5 tank?
You could probably go more than 5 tanks without applying new grease. I do it at 5 tanks because I'm anal about it.

RAMJET

I use STIHL grease you can buy it in tubes ,it is designed for grinder gear heads /string trimmer gear heads /amazing stuff ,it is attracted to the heat where most grease is repelled or runs away from heat.I am going to try to seal the case and put just enough grease to let the lowest gear pick it up when things get hot.Roger

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts