• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Which air filter system?

Hondarider290

I'm getting ready to order desperado wheels with bow tie tires from large-scale rc.com for my rampage mt that is supposed to show up at my door Thursday. Problem is I also want to go ahead and get a different air filter setup but I don't know what to go with. I'm a basher and that's about all so this thing will see mud and dust. I like the k&n style ones but the big thing for me is which velocity stack should I get and will any of the velocity stacks work? From what i understand this think has an hy engine and it seems like all parts are made for cy engines. Are they compatible? Thanks a lot for any help...

Hondarider290

Also have a weber wt-990 in my cart is this the carb I should get? And I would like to order everything from largescalerc.com so if you can give me links for that site...thanks again.

alfred e numan

donot use a k-n filter or any other gauze -cotton pleated filter. they WILL suck dirt and destroy your engine real quick.

alfred e numan

say hondarider- go to tularehobbies e-bay store there is a airfilter set for hpi 5b. HPI part # 15411. $28.50 - a good deal- as dusty said- you will need the phatdad part also.

Hondarider290

What makes the 668 better for bashing? And is there anything else I should order? Also other than vertigo does anyone else sell wheel adaptors because they are sold out? Lastly what should I change my gearing to after going to the smaller wheels...I want something with pretty good take off but it don't have to be crazy good, and I'll run mostly in woods and what not so crazy top end won't be needed but I don't want it to top out in 20 ft either...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts